Working with a 22khz switch with a DSR905

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skynyrd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Hello,

I was wondering if there would be a way to convert a 22khz signal over to a 0 khz signal. Here is my application:

I have a DSR 905 that I want to watch C and KU DCII feeds on. I have a 4x4 multiswitch that connects my C band and my KU band sats (22KHZ for the KU).. My 922 is in another room, and is slaved off of a DVB reciever. the 905 is in another room. I see that there is a C in and a C out on the 905 and the same for KU.. Just wondering if I can pass in the cable from the multiswitch to the C in, pass it back out via C out, have something that converts it to 0KHZ, then it goes into KU in.. Is there anything to do this? Is it possible?

I did check the manual tuning menu, and I saw a 22khz switch tone setting... Is there anyway to activate this for a satellite on the 905? I didn't see a option for it.

I can't answer your question the way you phrased it, but . . .
How would you like to be able to turn the 22khz tone on and off manually at your 905?
That would let you change from C-band to Ku-band LNBs.

If this item isn't quite right, you can Google "22khz tone generator satellite" and find other choices.
But, a cheaper one I found, just always injected the 22khz, so beware.

the only KU channel on DCII that I know of is Oklahoma PBS on K5 (79W)

I wonder if you could try the 22k on and just manually tune in OETA when you want ot watch it?

Anole,

I don't know much about 22KHZ switches, but I guess this is how it works?

Reciever sends 22KHZ tone to multiswitch, which switches that port of the multiswitch to 22khz.

So, that would mean what I had mentioned above would not work, since the C-band would need 22KHZ off, but KU band port would need 22KHZ on.

With that said, the solution tht you mentioned will probably be the best solution, and then you could change over the switch to 22KHZ when you wanted to see KU programming.

I may try that out sometime... looks like they're sold out on the site. Also, I need to try out the manual tune for the 22khz to see if it works on the reciever.

I can't answer your question the way you phrased it, but . . .
How would you like to be able to turn the 22khz tone on and off manually at your 905?
That would let you change from C-band to Ku-band LNBs.

If this item isn't quite right, you can Google "22khz tone generator satellite" and find other choices.
But, a cheaper one I found, just always injected the 22khz, so beware.

If you have the time and interest, the Switches Simplified FAQ will give you a fair education.
You should come away knowing your multi-switches pretty well.

We didn't talk about tone generators, 'cause that's beyond the goal of Simple Switches, but all the knowledge learned will apply.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)