World Cup HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gen Custer said:
In a month and a half, no one will be able to tell you who won. They'll just go back to enjoying Yankees-Red Sox games and getting ready for the NFL season.

In a month and a half I will have enjoyed zero Yankee-Red Sox games because baseball is boring. At least I played baseball, understand the game and it's strategy, and still find it boring. No offense to the Yankees or Red Sox. Bye the way, do you know the 5 ways to get to first base without the bat hitting the ball? If you can name the 5, I will apologize for calling you ignorant about soccer.

Last edited:
1-walk
2-hit by pitch
3-catcher drops strike three and runner gets to first before throw
4-pitcher throws to home or base to attempt pick off and the ball goes into the stands, dugout or is touched by a fan
5-catchers interference

Actually if you look at it doesn't matter how great the other sports are in the USA, because at the international level we has a country are average. We are no even the best at our major 3 sports (baseball,basketball, and hockey) played internationally.

Gen Custer said:
1-walk
2-hit by pitch
3-catcher drops strike three and runner gets to first before throw
4-pitcher throws to home or base to attempt pick off and the ball goes into the stands, dugout or is touched by a fan
5-catchers interference

Gen Custer, since you are a good sport about my comments, I will apologize to you even though #4 is pure fiction. The real answer for #4 is a pinch runner.

I know that soccer is a minor sport here in the states and those like you who never played the game and don't understand the sport think it is boring. However, there are millions of us who played soccer along with baseball, football and basketball and enjoy all of them equally. Like you, I am also a big NFL fan and looking forward to this fall's season. But, give us a break and let us enjoy the World Cup along with the other 3 billion people who are watching the games on TV all over the world. Best wishes to you and enjoy the Red Sox - Yankee games while I am watching the MLS.

Last edited:
Here is the way to go. Drop the overpriced NFL package and subscribe to the NHL Center Ice and the MLS Direct Kick packages.

Why????
1. It will save you $130.00 a year ($328.00 for complete NFL package vs $198.00 for both the NHL and MLS packages).
2. You will have sports year round, instead of a few hours a week, during football season.

Works for me.

roachxp said:
Actually if you look at it doesn't matter how great the other sports are in the USA, because at the international level we has a country are average. We are no even the best at our major 3 sports (baseball,basketball, and hockey) played internationally.

We generally don't send all of our best athletes anymore because of various reasons.
-contract issues
-personality issues
-injuries
-lack of interest in the athletes

Also our athletes don't have the national pride to put it on the line to win and possibly jepardize a lucrative professional contract.

The funny thing about it is that our pro sports of baseball, hockey, and basketball, have an ever growing increasing number of non US/Canadian players in them, yet all of our good soccer players are going to Europe or South America, to play for more money than our own MSL pays.

lou_do said:
The funny thing about it is that our pro sports of baseball, hockey, and basketball, have an ever growing increasing number of non US/Canadian players in them, yet all of our good soccer players are going to Europe or South America, to play for more money than our own MSL pays.

what's funny about people choosing to live/work where they can make more money. sounds like common sense to me.

godzooky said:
what's funny about people choosing to live/work where they can make more money. sounds like common sense to me.

You missed my point. Many assume that baseball, basketball and hockey are All American sports, when actually over the past few years more and more non US/Canadian players are being drafted into those sports. The same goes where people say that soccer is a foreign sport, the US has many good players, but they don't play in our MLS League, but go other places where they get more money.

Except for football, most sports today consist of players from all over the world.

Many people from around the world look at our game of football as a stupid game, like many people in the US think soccer as such.

But I guess if everyone like only one sport, it would be pretty boring.

Gen Custer said:
The only reason it stays on life support here in the US is that soccer moms don't want their kids to get hurt. They perceive soccer as totally safe exercise with no contact or injuries.

That makes sense since there is no chance of injury playing soccer.

Gotta keep those kids from playing those rough games of Baseball. All that standing that goes on in Baseball could cause some serious injury. And to top it off, you have to sit on a bench for half of the game. Just be careful if you play this extremely dangerous sport.

Thank God there is soccer to keep my children safe from harm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts