World Direct LNB just died...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TwoPhases

Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Seattle
Hello all. Been a registered member for a while but 1st time posting. My mother-in-law's World Direct LNB just died. It's an Eagle Aspen P170 linear LNB (which no one carries of course). Any standard or universal FSS LNB out there that might work as a replacement? I know that I may have to fabricate a new bracket for it.

welcome :wave

honestly any LNB will work. It has to be a standard (LNB LO 10750) but most will work fine. You might have to do some fabricating like gutting the casing behind the "eye" but it should work fine

it **should**

should as in it will pick up the signal but as for fitting it in the bracket...well thats a different story. I havent seen the brackets on the Directv world dish to know

No that it is not going to work since the throat is to large and the scalar ring is not isolated to block the other FSS satellites around 95 west.

You need one of the following

ebay items#

The 95 west LNBF for the most recent worldirect dish:

180615539755 or 170582126590

or for the original style primestar type worldirect dish from many years ago

there are pictures on all these listing that should identify the type you need to replace.

You can enter the ebay item # in the ebay search box to pull them up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts