The Bachelor and that extra minute

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Widewader

Original poster
Jan 16, 2011
Southwest Tennessee
Pardon the title of this thread. This is really about DVR recording options.

We watch/record The Batchelor on ABC. The schedule is 7:00-9:01 pm. That ree-diculous extra minute causes the following hour to be limited to only one recording to be scheduled in advance for the 9:00 hour. Unfortunately, there are three shows in the 9:00 slot that we like. Oh, woe is me.

Is there any way the HD DVR can be set to discontinue recording on the hour to allow two recordings in the following hour?

I have run into that problem before also. The only solution I have figured is to make a manual recording starting 1 minute later. I'd rather miss the 1st minute of a show than be cut off on the last minute. That way I get both shows. There needs to be a "Start xx min late" option as well as the start early option. It would help also if the networks didn't feel the need to add that extra minute to some shows.

Thanks for your reply. However, my DVR record options show just the opposite of what is needed. You can ONLY start early (1,2,3,4 min etc) and end late (1 min, etc. etc.). There is no option that I can find that allows for a start late and/or end early setup. Anyone else have any ideas.

Do a manual record from 7:00 - 9:00 PM every Monday for your ABC channel. Then it won't interfere with the 9:00 start time for the other shows. You will miss the last minute of the Bachelor in case something exciting happens. That's why I usually start the 9:00 show at 9:01 manually. Usually the 1st minute is "previously on the xxxxx" I don't miss the exciting conclusion of whatever show I'm recordng. To access the manual record (on my HR24) go "MENU" - "Manage Recordings" - "Manual Record"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)