World Golf Rankings 2012

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Bubba Watson took a giant leap forward after winning The Masters. The U.S. now has 5 players in the Top 10. Yeah! Now, can we get back the number #1 ranking this summer? It certainly won't be easy with McIlroy, Donald and Westwood at the top of the list. We shall see...

1. McIlroy 9.46
2. Donald 9.31
3. Westwood 8.40
4. Watson 6.40
5. Mahan 5.76

6. Kaymer 5.46
7. Stricker 5.44
8. Woods 5.42
9. Mickelson 5.25

10. Rose 5.13

I think the days of completely dominating the field like Tiger did are long past us. I see alot of jumping in the rankings all summer. Some guys get hot(like McIlroy and Bubba...) and then cool off(Like McIlroy).

I have no idea why I should consider a golfer with whom I happen to share a passport cover color to be more or less "we" than some other golfer. I follow the most international of sports and pick my favorites based on their personalities, not their nationality.

I have no idea why I should consider a golfer with whom I happen to share a passport cover color to be more or less "we" than some other golfer. I follow the most international of sports and pick my favorites based on their personalities, not their nationality.

I like McIlroy and Westwood (good guys) but I'm hoping our twenty/thirty-somethings can take it that extra mile. It's good for golf here in the US, which is most important to me. I also like men's tennis, but the game has almost completely disappeared from the American sports scene since we have so few competitive players...a far cry from when Connors, McEnroe, Agassi, Samprass and others were winning championships. Golf in this country will suffer if we don't continue producing many of the World's top-ranked players. Right now we're having trouble keeping up with Europe. People love the Ryder and President's Cup because they can cheer for their flag and fellow countrymen. Like I said, I like some of the Europeans and wish them well...but I want to see our golfers do ever better.

Anyway, I'd also like to see Phil rise to #1 before he retires. He deserves all the accolates he receives.

Last edited:
I think this is good for golf overall to not have another Tiger Woods to dominate golf.

Ramy said:
I think this is good for golf overall to not have another Tiger Woods to dominate golf.

I disagree...and I'll give the World what they desire when I retire at age 59-1/2 (just a short 10-1/2 years away) and begin my 4th, and final career as a professional golfer. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

I disagree...and I'll give the World what they desire when I retire at age 59-1/2 (just a short 10-1/2 years away) and begin my 4th, and final career as a professional golfer. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App
I'm 2 years behind you... :D

Tigers Woods missed the cut at this week's Wells Fargo Champion, and Phil isn't doing all that well (currently tied for 30th place) and may drop from the Top 10. Next week's The Players Championship has a 9.5M purse (largest on tour) and will draw all the top players. McIlroy is on the leaderboard and a strong finish may move him back into the #1 position.

Current rankings:

1. Donald 9.55
2. McIlroy 9.33
3. Westwood 8.27
4. Watson 6.40
5. Mahan 5.70
6. Stricker 5.60
7. Woods 5.35
8. Kaymer 5.35
9. Rose 5.19
10. Mickelson 5.17

Phil finished at -6, which will most likely keep him tied for 26th place and hold onto his #9 ranking. Elsewhere, Rickie Fowler is currently tied for 1st place on the 13th hole of the Wells Fargo Championship. If he can win his first PGA Tournament (he won overseas) that would propel him from 39th in the World into the Top 15. We shall see.

The new rankings. Mickelson stays in the Top 10 and Rickie Fowler jump up from #39 to #24 after his win last week.

1. McIlroy 9.78
2. Donald 9.39
3. Westwood 8.40
4. Watson 6.46
5. Mahan 5.66
6. Stricker 5.50
7. Woods 5.29
8. Kaymer 5.23
9. Simpson 5.17
10. Mickelson 5.16

Well, I take it nobody is interested in The Players Championship, which is probably the biggest non-major PGA event of the year.

If you're interested in The Players Championshp at TPC Sawgrass then you can find more information at: THE PLAYERS Championship - PGATOUR.com

I think this will be my last golf post. :(

don't give up riff. i'm sure we'll attract posters interested in golf. if you like posting about it then please do so. i like golf but don't watch many events. i'll watch this one.

I played a remake of that 17th hole on a course call the 18 greatest holes in golf. I played it twice. 1st time I pared it and the second time I made a birdie. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)