World Series in a neutral site

Should the World Series be played at a warm neutral site?

• Total voters
We do not get the advantage in MLB's mind. It is YOU on the East Coast who dictate uber alles!!! We have to deal with everything based upon EAST COAST PRIME TIME...and that, sir, is a fact. I am in no way complaining or calling out a bias here. I am simply stating the fact re: start times and $$$$.

Yeah, well at least you get to see the END of games. Isn't that more important? (I know---it is not more important ratings-wise; whatever.) I have to walk around work like a zombie the next day.

And I realize you are making a point, and not complaining. But I am!

cybok0;1571853[B said:
]I think the price of seeing your team in another place is a moot point,[/B] people travel across the country for the Final Four tournament, plus with the price of tickets during the playoffs, how many people who don't have much money can actually afford to go to a home playoff game.

It would be for Detroit fans. Most certainly for me. I haven't been on a real vacation in 6 yrs. Of course if my wife would just stop popping out babies...maybe I could afford one. As for the final four, I'm going to fulfill my dream of being there, this season. Of course it's in Detroit, so my drive across country is about 4 miles.:D

144 game schedule.

More scheduled day games during the week.

More scheduled true-doubleheaders. (I'd say 8 per year, per team is a good number).

Keep the playoff format as-is, the WS will be over by the first week of October.

It would be for Detroit fans. Most certainly for me. I haven't been on a real vacation in 6 yrs. Of course if my wife would just stop popping out babies...maybe I could afford one. As for the final four, I'm going to fulfill my dream of being there, this season. Of course it's in Detroit, so my drive across country is about 4 miles.:D

Did you go to the playoffs or World Series games when they were in Detroit? I had a chance to go to a Pens playoff game last year, but I couldn't afford it. Most people who goes to playoff/World series games have enough money to travel to another city to watch their team.

I have attended every home game the Tigers have played in the playoffs and WS. I also see a couple of Red Wing playoff games every season. But I should add, that more often than not, the tix are freebies. So maybe I'm not the best example of what you are talking about.

I have attended every home game the Tigers have played in the playoffs and WS. I also see a couple of Red Wing playoff games every season. But I should add, that more often than not, the tix are freebies. So maybe I'm not the best example of what you are talking about.

LOL.:D

Paul,

Vin Scully (who called the game) said that after the Tigers won the Series in 1984, what he went thru trying to get back to his hotel was the most frightening experience of his life. What do you recall of that eventful eveninga after your beloved Tigers won it all?

Hell, I have trouble remembering last week. We stuck around for alittle while at "Hoot Robinson's" bar, and then we headed home to party in the relative safety of the neighborhood bars.

The biggest problem with a "neutral site" WS is, how do you work out the logistics for a popssible 7 game series? This amounts to a 10 day vacation, and having to purchase 7 game tickets, etc... and what happens if the series only goes 4 games? I can see more problems than a warm weather site solves.

Do I want a neutral site World Series?

HELL NO!

Look at the 1991 and 2001 Fall Classics. Home-field advatange can be so important and can lift a team.

The biggest problem with a "neutral site" WS is, how do you work out the logistics for a popssible 7 game series? This amounts to a 10 day vacation, and having to purchase 7 game tickets, etc... and what happens if the series only goes 4 games? I can see more problems than a warm weather site solves.

They would play the games on consecutive nights, so a 7 game series would only last a week.
The basic premise of a neutral site World Series would be to make it more of an "event" similar to the Final Four or Super Bowl.
You may say that the Super Bowl is only one game, but the actual events surrounding the game take up nearly a entire week. The Final Four, as well as the All-Star games in the NBA and MLB, are 3-4 day events.
While the World Series could go up to 7 days, you are guaranteed 4 games and in the minds of some people anything after that is just frosting on the cake.