Worldsport

DBENE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2004
OK still trying to find if I am having "cropping" problems.

someone look at you Worldsport channel and tell me if the blue score box at the top of the screen is at the very top of the picture or is there space between the scoring box and the top of the screen.

On mine the blue box is at the very top and sometimes the top of players are even cut off.

This is really making me angry. When I go to the PG and I am on that channel, I can see what it is supposed to look like and there is space between the blue box and the top of the screen.

It is not my TV's setting because I have it on standard.

its your tv settings. They are way off. You need to make service menu adjustments. I have the top left set based on worldsport yellow/orange scoreboard (the blue one shouldnt even be close to a problem). I have the lower right set based on the discoveryhd logo.

Also every input may have its own settings.

Based on what you have said, when worldsport runs a game using the yellow/orange scoreboard it will be mostly off the screen.

Verbano:

How can you be so quick to tell this person that it's his set? There have been lots of folks reporting back that logos on several different channels have been "off screen" as would be happening with an overscan problem. But, these reports have come from people with several different types of sets, by several different manufacturers, mostly RPTV's.

Do you think that several different manufacuturers have wrong geometry and that much overscan built in off the shelf?

When everyone complained to Wilt about the HDN logo being shifted and partially offscreen, it has been adjusted and now is much better. Voom did the adjustment, I never touched MY service menu--

vurbano said:
its your tv settings. They are way off. You need to make service menu adjustments. I have the top left set based on worldsport yellow/orange scoreboard (the blue one shouldnt even be close to a problem). I have the lower left set based on the discoveryhd logo.

Also every input may have its own settings.

Based on what you have said, when worldsport runs a game using the yellow/orange scoreboard it will be mostly off the screen.

So, I am assuming that you have space between the blue box and the top of your TV.
The box is not really a problem because I can see it but I feel that there is tow or three inches at the top that I may be missing. As far as service menu , I don't really know how to mess with that.

Ferdy said:
Verbano:

How can you be so quick to tell this person that it's his set? There have been lots of folks reporting back that logos on several different channels have been "off screen" as would be happening with an overscan problem. But, these reports have come from people with several different types of sets, by several different manufacturers, mostly RPTV's.

Do you think that several different manufacuturers have wrong geometry and that much overscan built in off the shelf?

When everyone complained to Wilt about the HDN logo being shifted and partially offscreen, it has been adjusted and now is much better. Voom did the adjustment, I never touched MY service menu--
Thats true, but all that means is that you have overscan on your TV, i think what vurbano was saying that if your tv overscan settings are at zero or close to it, the logos of any channel appear just fine. When some were complaining about the hdn logo it was perfectly fine on my set because i have no overscan and it fit on my screen without being cut off

Ferdy said:
Verbano:

worldsport and discovery logos are in the overscan areas of many tv's. I had to adjust my service menu settings to get discovery logo on the screen with D*. ALso had to do it with worldsport on V*. its not really a voom problem but a TV setup problem. It can be corrected in most service menus.

Ferdy the manufactureers do not have "wrong" settings. The settings just need to be changed if you want to see all of the picture. You just have to play with horiz and vert stretch and horiz and vert position. its not difficult.

DBENE said:
So, I am assuming that you have space between the blue box and the top of your TV.
The box is not really a problem because I can see it but I feel that there is tow or three inches at the top that I may be missing. As far as service menu , I don't really know how to mess with that.
I didnt know how to either. I will look for the code to get into your service menu if you tell me the TV model. Then you get into it while using the input you want DVI , component etc, find the submenu for that input then find the horizontal and vertical stretch and horiz and vert position. Again those two channels seem to place items in those extreme corners, so switch in between them. all you are doing is the same thing you do with any computer monitor or tv. I wouldnt try to get "zero" overscan, ie all of the picture, just enough to get those logos on. Not all TV's can do zero without blurring at the edge.

Or, you can pay some technician 200 bucks to fine tune your set if it is RPTV like mine.

Ferdy said:
Verbano:

I'd like to have the service menu codes for my set if you can get them---

It's a Zenith R40W46 Rear Projection--

Thanks
take a look here http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/zenith/zenith_tips.html

one code seems to work for each brand.

BE CAREFULL!!!! DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT SURE OF. write down all of the values before you change any.

and if you do make a change you will probably have to adjust your convergence with each adjustment you make.

I need it for a Mitsubishi WT-42313

I can't find it anywhere. BTW, how do you enter the code?

geometry. you probably wont find anything called "overscan" you need to adjust your picture position horizontally and vertically. And you need to stretch it horizontally and vertically as needed. Dont touch anything else. WRITE DOWN ALL VALUES BEFORE YOU START! so you can put it back in case you screw up.

Then when you are done you will need to adjust convergence

I can't get into the service menu. I tried those codes but they didnt work or I am doing it wrong.

Question: when changing the Horizontal and Vertical Position Do you also need to change the Hor. and Vert. stretch?

Or is it all just how you prefer it?

DBENE said:
I can't get into the service menu. I tried those codes but they didnt work or I am doing it wrong.

Question: when changing the Horizontal and Vertical Position Do you also need to change the Hor. and Vert. stretch?

Or is it all just how you prefer it?
well if you move the picture down and to the right to get worldsport logo to show up you may lose part of the discoveryhd logo in the lower right. Its almost a given that you will have to play with both. I wouldnt try to get exactly zero overscan. Id shoot for 1/4 inch all around. If you set it to zero, some other channel is almost certain to have a thin line of no picture on one edge of the screen.

If you cant get into the service menu, I would post a thread to mitsubishi users and ask them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)