Worried just a bit/

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
hey guys I just ordered a new vip 211 this morning. I just wanted it shipped out to my house via ups. they stated they cant do this (all 6 csrs I talked to stated the same thing it must be installed) but the last one said it will be shipped and arrive 1-2 days ahead of the installer. anways my install date is for april 25th (yes next week) what are the chances that they are going to get my reciever to me by monday? I dont have time for the install and plan on cancelling I just wanted the reciever shipped so I can hook it up myself!

just to update: I called dish network and they keep telling me I have to have someone install, I cant have a reciever shipped via ups, because its a addon, and not a replacement, they have to have it installed! and wont let me proceed with the order, I dont have time to take off work right now to have it installed, and they have shipped to my house before, very very frustrating!

Last edited:
If that's the new policy, that's so wrong! I got my 211 shipped to me in February, and I was able to call and activate without an installer. Did you try going through Tech Support? Those guys are less clueless than the CSRs.

I will try tech support now, I am on my 3rd supervisior of the same department (who has to check to verify information, LOL, clueless, then they keep saying I will hand you off to my supervisior! I dont want to start yelling but I might have to!

Yea, they said that an installer had to install my 622, also. I didn't really want him in my equipment room messing with everything, though, so I hooked it up and just let the installer come and and make the phone call to Dish Network to activate it. Dish was able to get an installer to me quickly, so I wasn't waiting around for weeks waiting for an installer to make a phone call like some people are faced with.

well I went to tech support and they said that the executive resoloution team even says they cant send it out, because I currently dont have a HD reciever on my account-what very messed up rules that they have. this is horrible, I am now being transferred to the execuitve resoloution team to speak to them directly, and to think all I want is to give them a little more amonth

edit: reciever being shipped to my house, spoke to someone at execuite res. real nice guy, anyways he understood what was going on, and made the changes, hope this thread helps some people out. let them know dish network really is clueless!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)