Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
On Feb 1st ION dropped the Worship Network (One of my favorite channels)

Anyway LyngSat shows it on AMC1 3840 H 26681 - which I assume is also gone because that is the ION location.

Does anyone know if The Worship Network is FTA anywhere?

I know I can still get it here - - - - The Worship Network - - - - - but . . . . .

bringing this thread back...scanned 103W and Worship still is there. Still logged as Worship and yesterday they had music on with the "W" in the right bottom corner.

So its still on C-Band....just not OTA :)

Worship Network gone this am ?

Good Morning, Anyone have an idea of where Worship Network went ? Woke up this am and there are just ION color bars . Thanks

Welcome to SatelliteGuys !!!

:welcome

A big welcome to SatelliteGuys !!!

Are you asking about Over The Air (OTA) Worship Channel or C-Band?

I show color bars right now too...maybe Ion finally dropped it

yep, ION dropped them from their digital multicast platform.

I suppose the "affiliates" Worship still has are getting the signal from DVD or online (and if online, it might look as poor as a lot of the stuff on G19 Ku).

I don't see what I call "notaf"s on their website (notice to affiliates). I just see a note to viewers dated Jan 18th, 2010 concerning ION dropping them from the multicast service. I don't know why ION doesn't just lease them the bandwidth in their signal so Worship can continue to feed their over-the-air affiliates or other stations that would have kept them on a digital multicast channel despite the ION thing.

I suppose the "affiliates" Worship still has are getting the signal from DVD or online (and if online, it might look as poor as a lot of the stuff on G19 Ku).
I was wondering how they still get it as Worship is still on affiliates part time

I don't know why ION doesn't just lease them the bandwidth in their signal so Worship can continue to feed their over-the-air affiliates or other stations that would have kept them on a digital multicast channel despite the ION thing.

agreed

Seems like they could hook up with another provider and locate on 97W? Maybe I not thinking right here but they had to be getting their programming to ION somehow....uplinking...so surely there's another way to do it if they want to. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)