DMX741 C/Ku LNBF Improvement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

1ADAM12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
10-6 Gas Pumps
Minimo had posted this improvement for his 6' PF dish. I wanted to see if it would work on a 1.2m offset dish.

Buy adding a spacer between the C and Ku section I was able to log additional TP's that I had trouble with before.

Example- AMC9 RTV before nill after 68%SQ.

It is great to have C and Ku on the same dish without offset lnbf's. However, this improvement is marginal by comparison to offset lnbf.

Attachments

• 665A1082.JPG
    665A1082.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 665A1081.JPG
    665A1081.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 665A1083.JPG
    665A1083.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 665A1080.JPG
    665A1080.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 271
Minimo had posted this improvement for his 6' PF dish. I wanted to see if it would work on a 1.2m offset dish.

Buy adding a spacer between the C and Ku section I was able to log additional TP's that I had trouble with before.

Example- AMC9 RTV before nill after 68%SQ.

It is great to have C and Ku on the same dish without offset lnbf's. However, this improvement is marginal by comparison to offset lnbf.

Very nice!!!!!!:up:cool: What size is the spacer?:confused:

I use this lnb on my prime focus getting C/Ku on a 6 ft with good results, but good work doing the mod. I might try it on my 6 ft Andrew Offset as soon as I could figure out the 4.5 in mount needed!!

Mod or no mod, the KU side still bad on 6ft or under while u have the c-band locked. :(

Hey 1ADAM12, my memory doesn't always serve me correctly and maybe it was 1/2" I read and as I think about it, the dish types, size and I suppose the F/D could have an effect, it would be interesting to have a series of selective lengths to test for optimum Ku QS.

Question: after the Ku mod, did you note any variance in the C signal or did it remain the same? I wonder if the change of back end reflection has any effect on the C sigs if at all it has any effect., just pondering the thought is all. :)

Setup Procedure

Question: after the Ku mod, did you note any variance in the C signal or did it remain the same? I wonder if the change of back end reflection has any effect on the C sigs if at all it has any effect., just pondering the thought is all. :)

With spacer and the flat Scalar set onto the lnbf just as shown, 1/8" setback, on a GeoSatPro 1.2 meter offset, the C/Ku focal points are together. The focal length measures 30 5/8" from the center of the dish between the four bolts and the plastic lens cap.

The setup uses the WSI lnbf holder, the SatAV holder is too difficult to use, the lnbf binds in the holder.

The setup procedure is to set the Scalar first then run the lnbf back until the Ku is peaked. C band is so broad in tune range it no longer is an issue.

I'm very happy with the setup. I get 87% SQ on C band 91W, 89W, 95W watchable signal on 99W. Ku is mostly above 80% except for RTV which varies between 70% and 87% SQ. Using CS6000P receiver.

The WSI conical Scalar didn't work for this setup.

Adam

Last edited:
Set Scalar DMX 741 lnbf

Did you use a F/D calculator to determine the scalar position or ???/QUOTE]

Dreamfox1 was the first to report the 1/8" Scalar setback. Walrus 1957 also reported this finding. Experimentation was likely the method. Works for me. This applies to 1m or 1.2 m offset dish. Don't know about other dishes.

Adam

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts