Worst company ever...

xterra

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
iceland
I call them to find out why I'm not getting AMC channel in HD. She told me I'm on an old satellite and it would cost me $20.00 bucks to migrate to the new 72.2 sat. DN is the most worthless company ever. 2 years out of contract and I've bout had it with them. Damn..

Many of us got the dish upgrade for free. Probably they sensed your attitude. ;)

But I agree that some consistency would go a long way. All of us mixed-arc customers should have gotten a letter offering us a free upgrade. But as it is, some got the letter, some did not, some were offered a $15 install since they were on the DHPP, and others were charged $95.

$20 is cheap. I don't think you can even buy the new dish for that price. :)

I know for $20 I wouldn't climb up on someones roof to change out their DISH to a new one.

$20 is a bargain. :)

I call them to find out why I'm not getting AMC channel in HD. She told me I'm on an old satellite and it would cost me $20.00 bucks to migrate to the new 72.2 sat. DN is the most worthless company ever. 2 years out of contract and I've bout had it with them. Damn..

You must have led a wonderful life, for such a tiny thing to get you to brand them as the worst company ever. And you also must not be reading this forum much, to be so completely unaware of what's been going on.

I hope you are happy with DirecTV. Love to hear what you think of THEM when you hear about their up front costs and a few other little details.

20 bucks just to switch sats? You must work for them. Attitude. She couldn't even tell me what package I had. I pay 80 bucks a month and they can't even switch it for free?? Retards..

The only problem going to Directv , You will still not get AMC HD because Directv doesn't carry it or many other cable channels that DISH does.

You must have led a wonderful life, for such a tiny thing to get you to brand them as the worst company ever. And you also must not be reading this forum much, to be so completely unaware of what's been going on.

I hope you are happy with DirecTV. Love to hear what you think of THEM when you hear about their up front costs and a few other little details.

You work for Dish?

I guess technically I do since I run a website for them. (Not this one...) :)

But I do feel $20 is a fair price for coming out replacing your equipment, giving your system a tuneup and if needed swapping out your receivers for compatible ones if needed.

I don't know where you live but even Comcast is charging for service calls now as is DIRECTV. And I am not sure if you filled up your gas tank lately, but gas is not 99 cents anymore. And if you seen the big vans they drive I am not even sure $20 covers the gas to get there and back.

Now if they were charging you $100 or more to do it I could see, but for $20 I think its a great deal. :)

Here's the list of channels that went onto 72.7 that I just noticed on my desktop:

BBC America HD
E HD
Fox Soccer HD
Hallmark HD
Showtime West HD
Sportsman HD
TruTV HD
IndiePlex HD (Included in the Platinum HD pack)
Retroplex HD (Included in the Platinum HD pack)

Shorts HD
EPIX HD
Style HD
HLN HD
TCM HD
G4 HD
History Channel International HD
Nat Geo WILD! HD
This list must be out of date already since it doesn't have AMCHD.

no disrespect but if a company is the worst ever for charging you $20.00 I think the problem might be with your finances and not the company, $20.00 really? :rant:

$80 per month is not so big a bill these days and, in fact, is pretty common. I understand that at that price, you might think yourself among the big fish, but that is far from it. You are not even close to the the big fish (me? :)) Dish has for whom they might have waived any fee after a big fish put up small stink about it.

Considering cable has their "truck-roll" fees of over $35.00 and other providers have their home tech visit fees, as well, Dish's offer of $20, a nominal fee to make a lower end (well middle to upper middle class) sub happy, really represents the most modest of returns for Dish and fair bargain for the customer. I doubt any other provider is willing to do the same for free of any charges or even less than $20. Of course, I would be paying Verizon FiOS an additional $20 per month to get the same services I do from Dish, but fewer DVR's, I do from Dish, so I guess I might expect Verizon to take the hit for me on one of those months, but doubt they would.

If a one-time fee of $20 to upgrade is the cost for saving me $20 every month compared to Verizon FiOS, then I say, "GO DISH!" You have to look at the big picture and not get so upset when a company trying to make money is not giving you something you demand free of charge just because you don't fell like paying the fees.

Do you have DHPP? Perhaps they might have waived the fee if you have it. I don't really know though. Good luck.

Please, how do you really feel about Dish? Don't hold back!

Ghpr13:)

Last edited:

I am sure if you call Dish and request to cancel service, when you get to the Retention Dept, they will find a way to waive the $20 charge for you. The majority of subs whom leave Dish( like myself) is not because of equipment, pricing or service; but for availability of certain sports programing. I.E. MLB.Net, MLBEI, YES Network and/or HD Versions of the MSG Family of Channels.

When I left August of 2009, the immediately offered me a $10 per month additional credit for a year without further commitment. I left because the lack of HD programing for my two sports teams.

$20? If you have the protection plan, it's $15 for the service call. If you don't, I think it's around $95 for the service call. I wonder where they are getting $20 from?? :confused:

Look...while $20 is really nothing...I have to agree that its crazy that ANY of us had to pay anything. My switch was $15...whatever I didn't say a word I lived with it...clearly $15, $20 or even $99 isn't going to make or break me.

But this is something Dish did. They decided that they were going to change things up and some of us needed new set ups. My biggest problem is that I pay for channels I was not getting because they changed their set up, then they wanted to make me pay to change my set up. Again I said nothing cause its not going to make or break me...but I see where this poster is coming from.

And yeah maybe other companies do the same....but I don't think its right when its the company changing the rules and when you are paying for channels your not getting because they switched things up....I don't know to me its just bad practice...but who am I?

Look...while $20 is really nothing...I have to agree that its crazy that ANY of us had to pay anything. My switch was $15...whatever I didn't say a word I lived with it...clearly $15, $20 or even $99 isn't going to make or break me.

But this is something Dish did. They decided that they were going to change things up and some of us needed new set ups. My biggest problem is that I pay for channels I was not getting because they changed their set up, then they wanted to make me pay to change my set up. Again I said nothing cause its not going to make or break me...but I see where this poster is coming from.

And yeah maybe other companies do the same....but I don't think its right when its the company changing the rules and when you are paying for channels your not getting because they switched things up....I don't know to me its just bad practice...but who am I?
YEP ! Exactly.

$20 isn't a big deal, But when you go changing satellites and moving sh%^ Dish Should EAT the cost themselves.

Customers don't have control of the uplink center.