Worst company ever...

I call them to find out why I'm not getting AMC channel in HD. She told me I'm on an old satellite and it would cost me $20.00 bucks to migrate to the new 72.2 sat. DN is the most worthless company ever. 2 years out of contract and I've bout had it with them. Damn..

TWENTY DOLLARS?!!!!!!
BYE...Jeez.....

You are gripping over $20. Not sure I would start my truck for that kind of money?
I wouldn't open one eye to look at the alarm clock for that....
I cannot believe how cheap some people can be.
"I want it free. I want it now. And I don't care about the guy that installs it or if he ever eats. Not my problem."

YEP ! Exactly.

$20 isn't a big deal, But when you go changing satellites and moving sh%^ Dish Should EAT the cost themselves.

Customers don't have control of the uplink center.

Couldn't agree more. Dish has contracted with customers to provide a service level. If they change their functionality and are then unable to provide the specified service, they need to provide the equipment and set-up of same in order to do so.

Charging a customer anything extra to continue their contracted service is counterproductive from a customer relations standpoint. Besides probably being illegal, it encourages customers to seek other providers.

Dumb move, Dish...

YEP ! Exactly.

$20 isn't a big deal, But when you go changing satellites and moving sh%^ Dish Should EAT the cost themselves.

Customers don't have control of the uplink center.

Finally somebody posted what I was thinking. :) It's not the customers fault that Dish Network keeps changing their programming to different satellites. This should be free to all customers affected.

Yeah 20 bucks isn't a big deal...they should just switch sats for free. If they told me there's a $20 charge every time they move from sat to sat maybe I wouldn't of joined dish. Why don't they tell people that? The best part is that you have to pay them to fix there own stuff..6.99 insurance plan...wtf?

Yea Sorry , IF I had a setup that got everything I wanted for years, and then all of a sudden it was gone, Well thats not the customers fault.

I could see if you all of a sudden wanted All American Direct HD but had and Eastern arc setup, then paying for a 110 upgrade would be acceptable.

But being forced to pay for an upgrade because your city is all of a sudden Eastern Arc, or your channels Have been move to a new satellite, well charlie needs to pay for that..
We all signed up and payed for what we wanted with the info at hand. Dish never stated anything about Eastern Arc when I joined or being forced to Mpeg 4 , So who's fault is that? So I should have to pay twiced to get hooked up?

This is the BS I got sick of , Nothing Else!
That was enough to make me leave after 3 years of BS fee's.

Last edited:
That's not the case here though. The customer has not lost a single channel he was receiving, instead the customer wants the dish to get more.

That's not the case here though. The customer has not lost a single channel he was receiving, instead the customer wants the dish to get more.

Uh, Scott? Other people are getting what he wants for the same monthly price he's already paying. I'm not sure how that can be defended. And that's not even touching the question of why they are offering free upgrades to some customers and not others in the same situation.

I get the principle of what you are saying. But I would pay the $20 in this case.

I feel the issue that call centers in general have is that they do not have enough information in front of them about the caller, and then they try to feed people with lines of bull rather than simply giving folks the facts, and them empathizing.

The $20 fee is something that the CSR should be able to easily waive, or push them up to the next level so the next level can waive it if a customer is beotching. Especially on something like this where the customer had one level of service one day, and the next their level of service has decreased... Even one channel is a decrease.

is it over the top to be coming on line to complain? i don't know why it would be. That's what people do online the most is complain.

Look...while $20 is really nothing...I have to agree that its crazy that ANY of us had to pay anything. My switch was $15...whatever I didn't say a word I lived with it...clearly $15, $20 or even $99 isn't going to make or break me.

But this is something Dish did. They decided that they were going to change things up and some of us needed new set ups. My biggest problem is that I pay for channels I was not getting because they changed their set up, then they wanted to make me pay to change my set up. Again I said nothing cause its not going to make or break me...but I see where this poster is coming from.

And yeah maybe other companies do the same....but I don't think its right when its the company changing the rules and when you are paying for channels your not getting because they switched things up....I don't know to me its just bad practice...but who am I?

This is exactly the point. I don't have a problem paying for a service call but when dish decided to put channels I am paying for on a sat I can't receive then I feel it is their responsibility to provide at no charge the equipment required to receive what I am paying for. Frankly if not illegal it is certainly unethical. The $15.00 won't break me but it is the principal.

Ross

Chances are they WILL give it to you.. just not now. When they start migrating all the HD to 72.7 from 61.5 (which is slated to start next month starting with the premium channels) or move you completely to the eastern arc, I would expect them to pay all costs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)