Would love a Second Opinion

sevendust2412

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
Connecticut
I seem to always have issues when I call Dish and was hoping I could get a second opinion on what I was trying to get done. I have been with Dish for well over 5 years and back in October of 09 I called to upgrade my equipment for the new HDTV we received. I begrudgingly signed a new two year commitment, even though I had never been under contract before. When I inquired to verify that I would receive a 722 receiver I was told that it was not possible for me to get that receiver unless I paid an additional 200 dollars. I thought this was strange as this was the only Duo Receiver being advertised on the website and to NEW customers. Dish then announced the Sling Adapter which initially was going to work with all ViP series DVR's. Then Dish changed the requirements for this adapter to now only work with a 722 or 722k.

I called Dish today to see if it was possible to change my receiver to a 722, which I should have received in the first place, and was informed after speaking to numerous supervisors and the loyalty department that this could not be done without signing another 24 month commitment. It seems that Dish should be correcting their mistake they made almost two years ago rather than treating this as an upgrade to my equipment.

I went through the same thing when I called to upgrade to the Eastern Arc to get the new HD channels they launched before they set up the free upgrade.

Am I wrong in thinking that this should not be an issue?

I seem to always have issues when I call Dish and was hoping I could get a second opinion on what I was trying to get done. I have been with Dish for well over 5 years and back in October of 09 I called to upgrade my equipment for the new HDTV we received. I begrudgingly signed a new two year commitment, even though I had never been under contract before. When I inquired to verify that I would receive a 722 receiver I was told that it was not possible for me to get that receiver unless I paid an additional 200 dollars. I thought this was strange as this was the only Duo Receiver being advertised on the website and to NEW customers. Dish then announced the Sling Adapter which initially was going to work with all ViP series DVR's. Then Dish changed the requirements for this adapter to now only work with a 722 or 722k.

I called Dish today to see if it was possible to change my receiver to a 722, which I should have received in the first place, and was informed after speaking to numerous supervisors and the loyalty department that this could not be done without signing another 24 month commitment. It seems that Dish should be correcting their mistake they made almost two years ago rather than treating this as an upgrade to my equipment.

I went through the same thing when I called to upgrade to the Eastern Arc to get the new HD channels they launched before they set up the free upgrade.

Am I wrong in thinking that this should not be an issue?

PM MattG of the DIRT team and he'll help you out. He is great.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/private.php?do=newpm&u=162833

I had a similar experience when I upgraded to HD. I signed up for a 2 year contract (because my original contract was long done) and was told I would be getting a 722k receiver. But the installer came with a 625 (I think that's the model) and tried to convince me it was exactly the same except it had a smaller hard drive. Of course I found out that there were other differences too, like programmable remotes. A smaller drive is a big deal when you're recording HD. I complained to DISH and was told that it was impossible to request a 722 even though that's what the web site says you'll get and what I was promised when I signed up.

After several complaints about audio sync issues DISH finally replaced the old HD receiver with a 722k. So start complaining about each and every problem with your receiver and maybe they'll replace it with a 722.

622s just keep showing up and won't go away. They get returned, refurbed and sent back out to unsuspecting customers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)