Would there be any VIP software conflict with adding 72.7 to a Wester ARC setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
Not sure IF the software can handle it or if anyone has tried the setup before but it might make for redundancy and increased pic quality.

Thought comments welcome

Cheers

The receiver would be able to handle 4 satellites without a problem (you would need a DPP44 installed), but there would be no benefit. The picture quality is the same on eastern arc and western arc, and adding 72.7 to your current setup doesn't add any channels (since all CA locals are on WA). This is all assuming you have 119/110/129

I had a wing dish on 61.5, since I was mixed arc before getting a 1000.2 for a full WA, since my locals are on 129. I have recently moved that wing dish to 72.7, and it sure came in handy during the 129 outage the other night, my system was pulling all my 129 national HD from 72.7 and I have an antenna to get HD locals OTA, so even though my HD sat locals were out I was missing nothing! :D

I did the same thing during the 129 outage - repointed a 61.5 dish to 72.7 for redundancy. Should have thought of that sooner! It may make no difference when all W.A. sats are working properly, but when they aren't... priceless!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts