Would these work for Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

industry_state

Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Hi,

I have the following equipment and I was wondering if they would work for Galaxy 19.

Samsung dsr3700
Directv Slimline Oval 32" - Integrated Ka/Ku LNBS - Model No: AU9 (pictures included)

If they won't work, please provide the missing/needed pieces and where to find them.

dsc01316cq.jpg

dsc01314vi.jpg

Thank you

no the LNB wont work

The LNB's are useless. They are KA band and DBS band. G19 needs KU Band

There have been folks who rigged up something on that dish. Might be easier to get a 30" dish and a KU LNB

no
LNB's for slimline dishes are useless for FTA regardless if its the 3 or 5 LNB (by the way...the link you posted is the same LNB as the pic) ;)

You have 2 options
-get a 30" dish and a KU LNB. This would be the easiest fix
-try and rig up something with a KU LNB and the dish you have. Try a search in the FTA area for "slimline" or "AU9"...I know a couple folks have tried it

I looked up your receiver, and at first blush it looks like it might work.
So, if you have one, I'd try it.
If you are planning to purchase a receiver, let's have a chat here and discuss the choices.

As for your dish, as Iceberg said, it's not going to get the FTA signals on 97°w.
What you -might- try is to remove the LNB assembly, and center-mount one of these LNBs.
Then, the only question is whether that dish is big enough to get good signals on the transponders you want to receive.

Iceberg, I searched for existing threads and I found a nice setup here. The question is where would I find those brackets.

Anole, does the LNBF center-mounts by itself (i.e. does it fit the design of the dish), or do I have to buy brackets and hook it up myself?

Thanks

Anole, does the LNBF center-mounts by itself (i.e. does it fit the design of the dish), or do I have to buy brackets and hook it up myself?
Sorry for the poor description.
Look at your dish and LNB assembly.
Remove the LNB assembly, and look at the end of the mounting arm.
It's quite wide to accept the wide base of the LNB module.
Mount the LNB I described above, so it's centered on the wide open end of the LNB arm.
Much as shown in this picture of a similar DirecTV dish.
At worst, you may need to drill a new hole to stick the screw through. :)

edit:
...The question is where would I find those brackets....
If you'll read through the thread you posted, there are numerous answers to that question. :)

I'm currently adapting a slimline dish the way Anole is describing. (I found the bolts needed to attach the LNB arm to the dish are 8mm-1.25x12.) Besides having to drill a hole in the center of the LNB arm to hold the LNB, I've noticed the standard LNB referred to, which I have, does not point at the center of the dish like the original monster LNB head does. The angle of the new LNB needs to be about 5 degrees "tighter". I plan to wrap a beefy tie-wrap around the head of the LNB and the flared part of the LNB arm to preload it into position. And, since I didn't get a mounting pole with it, I'll have to use the old PVC-as-a-spacer trick on the 1-1/2 inch poles I have to match the 2 inch mount on the dish. Will post pictures when it's done.
__
Neil

I ordered a bracket for the dish, you would still need to drill a whole in the middle but at least LNB is adjustable.

Look on ebay for: LNB KU bracket

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)