would this work for a temp dp+44 switch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lime4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
DP34 port 1 -> 119
DP34 Port 2 -> 110
DP34 Port 3 -> 61.5
DP34 Output -> DP21 port 1
DP21 Port 2 -> 105
DP21 Output -> IRD

Found this on another site

In a word NO. The DP software is not setup to allow a pd34/dp21 cascade. Its been tried and it doesn't work. (they even told the truth on a tech chat and said it won't work)

hey it was worth a shot...lol..I've seen somewhere that it did work in a sense cause when they did a check switch it showed up as a dp44 switch installed but one of the sats was missing

Might work on the Dishpro Plus recievers.. the 311, 522, 322, 811.. since they are built to be compatable with the new tech, but the software isn't out yet.

Well i tried adding a dp21 switch.I connected the dp34 to the dp21 and the 61.5 to the dp21..When i did i check switch on my 811 it does show i have a dp+44 connected.It shows the 110,119,105 as being connected but the fourth slot doesn't show a sat just says connected..Oh well it was worth a shot...I guess i'll have to throw up a dish 500 and connect it to the dp21 along with the 61.5 for the time being then just use my other ird for my locals

lime4x4 said:
...but the fourth slot doesn't show a sat just says connected..

Even tho it just says connected, did you check to see if your getting any channels from 61.5?

yes i do get cbs-hd..I was was watching it before cause i had the 61.5 hooked directly to the 811

Great alternative!

Smith said:
Why you all ppl waiting for the DP44 ? You could use NOW Spaun DMK55x2, at least model 5582 included in newest FW of DP receivers (111,311,510,811 for sure ). You could connect one OTA and up to 4 DishPro dishes and have up to 8 receives. http://www.spaun.com/dmk5582f.htm
Good point, Smith, P.
I've checked Spaun products and the DMK5582F seems to be a perfect fit.
I plan to replace my two DP34 with it shortly.
Do you know, whether it can support legacy receivers without DP adapters as the DP+44 does?

Have u seen the price of that thing!!!!! 277.00 bucks for the 8 receiver one or 216.00 for the 4 receiver one plus shipping yet..Plus it also seems u have to buy another device for it to work properly which is another 159.00 bucks..
OUCH!!!!!!!!!
I'm hoping dish will give me a dp+44 for free or a very small fee...

What's Dish's price for a DP34? Around $130? Expect the DP44 to be close to 150-190ish. Unless they drop the DP34 price to fit the 44 in more reasonably.

That would still be cheaper then buying the "aftermarket" setup..And i honestly due beleive that dish will help out there cust who require a 4 sat solution.

mikhigor said:
Good point, Smith, P.
I've checked Spaun products and the DMK5582F seems to be a perfect fit.
I plan to replace my two DP34 with it shortly.
Do you know, whether it can support legacy receivers without DP adapters as the DP+44 does?

When you'll install it, please post your report here. Oh yeah, and a picture from TV after switch check !

lime4x4 said:
That would still be cheaper then buying the "aftermarket" setup..And i honestly due beleive that dish will help out there cust who require a 4 sat solution.

I know they will, they'll set up a 4 sat workorder and throw in the switch as part of the installation, standard procedure.

Well, not standard, standard is they build it with 4 sat solution, forget the switch on the workorder and expect us to catch that it needs a DP44 before we get there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)