Would this work in Bahamas(Abaco)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Longjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Am once again thinking of going back to Directv here in the US since we now have a small vacation home in Abaco in the Bahamas and had a couple questions.
Was thinking of getting a second dish and extra recevier to just leave in Abaco and although I know this is a gray area, would this work today given all the technology changes?
Although we only need SD for the time being, should I consider going with an HD ready dish in case we want to go HD later ? (Would this even work?)
Also, I undesrtand we would not get locals (currently live in Cental Florida), but could we at least get the networks of NBC/CBS/ABC while in Abaco with such a system?
Thanks for any advice and help.

I don't think so. You would need a rather large dish to pick up DirecTV down there. There are some members here that do it in Mexico, but even that is problematic....

Sounds disappointing, because I thought I had seen DirecTV dishes around the island, along with some Dish ones - but I'd prefer staying with DirecTV.
Unfortunately, I can't ask, because the ones I've seen are on some homes where the resdients are usally away.....

Sounds disappointing, because I thought I had seen DirecTV dishes around the island, along with some Dish ones - but I'd prefer staying with DirecTV.
Unfortunately, I can't ask, because the ones I've seen are on some homes where the resdients are usally away.....

I did a little more research. It sounds like there is, or was DirecTV Latin America service, and some folks are using 1 meter dishes to make it work. I would do just what you were thinking, knock on some doors.....

No....it actually really is.... And we pilots like to look at the weather radar during the summer (while having access to other stuff) prior to heading to the airport!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)