Would this work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Sorry I know many of you are probably sick of my 119 problem. The thing I miss the most is not being able to record my locals from my SDdvr in my bedroom. I hit 119 with good signal strength in my backyard. I don't think I can get the other birds in of the old 3lnb. Could I simply hit 119 from my backyard and run a line to the second sat in connection of my DVR and get my locals and all the other programs from the 5lnb?

If I understand you correctly, you can get the 119 but not the 101/110 from your backyard, and you need the 119 to record locals on your SD DVR?

The only way to really do this (combining two dishes) would be to use a 6x8 Multiswitch and run two cables from the 110/119 dish to the 13/18 VDC 22kHz inputs on the switch.

The problem with this is two-fold:

1) You will not be able to receive any programming on any of your receivers from the 103 sat doing this method since it uses the same voltage and control frequency as the 110/119 sats.

2) You would need to be able to see BOTH the 110 and 119 from your backyard for this to work.

If you can get all three sats from your triple sat dish, then you could run your SD DVR off of that entirely.

If I understand you correctly, you can get the 119 but not the 101/110 from your backyard, and you need the 119 to record locals on your SD DVR?

The only way to really do this (combining two dishes) would be to use a 6x8 Multiswitch and run two cables from the 110/119 dish to the 13/18 VDC 22kHz inputs on the switch.

The problem with this is two-fold:

1) You will not be able to receive any programming on any of your receivers from the 103 sat doing this method since it uses the same voltage and control frequency as the 110/119 sats.

2) You would need to be able to see BOTH the 110 and 119 from your backyard for this to work.

If you can get all three sats from your triple sat dish, then you could run your SD DVR off of that entirely.

Interesting.... Why couldn't I simply plug the second dish into my sat two coax for the DVR? Why wouldn't that work? Why would I need both 110 & 119? Thank you.

Interesting.... Why couldn't I simply plug the second dish into my sat two coax for the DVR? Why wouldn't that work? Why would I need both 110 & 119? Thank you.

Because if Tuner 2 needed an input from the 101 sat, it would generate a Searching for Sat error message. You could try it, but don't be surprised if you have a lot of problems with it.

Because if Tuner 2 needed an input from the 101 sat, it would generate a Searching for Sat error message. You could try it, but don't be surprised if you have a lot of problems with it.

Thank you for your input. I wonder if I raise the slimline about 5 inches would that be a temporary solution or is the 119 simply blocked?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)