Would this work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sparty10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Hey guys I need some input on whether this would work or not. I'm a college student who got Directv for the Big 10 network while at school, when I go home I would like to still be able to watch the basketball games. My parents used to have Directv 5+ years ago and the dish is still hooked up...would i be able to take one of my receivers with the cards and everything in it and hook it up to there dish? I know the dish is an older one so HD would definately be out but I dont see why the SD channels with a normal receiver would be an issue. Any advice is appreciated.

There is no problem with doing that since the dish is only used to pick up the signal (your ac is what is linked to your account). If anything you might need to update the address on the account for locals and what not.

You'll be fine for BTN, it is on the 101 sat, so even the oldest of dishes will get it. Locals would require a 3 lnb in many markets.

You're not the kind of Spartan fan that wears an Appilachian State shirt are you, then I'l have to delete my post :)

You'll be fine for BTN, it is on the 101 sat, so even the oldest of dishes will get it. Locals would require a 3 lnb in many markets.

You're not the kind of Spartan fan that wears an Appilachian State shirt are you, then I'l have to delete my post :)

I do have an App State tshirt, but that is mainly for one time wearing around arrogant family members at Christmas...its tough to talk when we are pulling our normal Spartan collapse.

The BTN is ON the 101 ?
How about the BTN HD channels ?
Hi... Yes the BTN SD is on the 101. I have the simple 2 LNB dish that I tailgate with, and EVERYTHING is on the 101 (including Cincy locals, unless they're on the 110 that comes in with that setup.) I really doubt ANY HD would be on the 101 though. I haven't gotten the nerve to take my H20 and a 5 LNB dish to a tailgate. Maybe next season in the Schottenstein lot;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)