Would you drop the VOOM Channels to save $10/month?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Would you opt out of the VOOM channels to save $10/month?

• I prefer to pay $20/month for the present HD pack with VOOM

Votes: 109 45.4%
  • I prefer to pay $10/month for the present HD *minus* the 15 VOOM channels

Votes: 131 54.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All in all, a pretty good showing for VOOM. Nearly 44% have said they would continue to pay $20 for HD + VOOM, even if the rest of the HD pack were available at a very aggressive $10/month.

Dish's version of the "original" VOOM is so distorted that it should not even carr the name. Most of the VOOM movie channels were removed and LAB has not been consistently integrated with Animania as promised nor has the content of the deleted movie channels been integrated into those remaining--just redundant, boring, repetitious reruns.

Sad--but would not keep paying for them as is if I didn't have to.

I believe all Dish did was to state that they only wanted to carry 15 channels instead of 21 from VOOM. It was left to VOOM to determine the format of each.

Personally, I don't like how they've formatted several of the channels. My bigget gripe is that they dropped Guy TV, which I really liked, and replaced it with Kung Fu, which I never watch. And most of the content that was airing on Guy TV seems to rarely ever appear on the current channels.

Why do we have to make a hard choice every year with Dish?

IT seems to be like that doesn't it? For 7 years now I have had to decide do I keep AEP and now Plat pack or do I down grade or drop off something else on my bill to make up for the increase. That is 7 price increases in 7 years. THis year after they went up $10.00 on the AEP + hd pack, I decided ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I downgraded to the top 120 with locals+hd pack for now. IF next year I don't see a very big change in the hd pack ,meaning less redundant reruns, I will drop the hd pack as well , when they go up again next February 2008.

I only watch half the VOOM Channels regularly. But an even lesser value, in my opinion are all those SD channels I have to get just to avoid paying the DVR fees, HD activation fees etc.

One of the main prob with dropping is if you haved two HD-DVR's. That is 12.00 a month in fees for them without AEP.

So spend the 10.00 more for AEP+HD or drop to a lower pkg and pay the fees and get nothing.

Out of all the channels in the HD pak I only watch one and on that channel I only watch one show Battlestar Galactica...So that is a lot of money for one program

Can someone say ala-cart

One of the main prob with dropping is if you haved two HD-DVR's. That is 12.00 a month in fees for them without AEP.

So spend the 10.00 more for AEP+HD or drop to a lower pkg and pay the fees and get nothing.

Out of all the channels in the HD pak I only watch one and on that channel I only watch one show Battlestar Galactica...So that is a lot of money for one program

Can someone say ala-cart
On the other hand, that's a lot of HD DVR's for one program.

Only reason I chose Dish

If Voom disappeared from Dish, I'd drop Dish HD in a minute. The only reason I signed up for it was to receive Voom again.

I wish I could have added just the Voom package for $10 a month. I don't watch the other channels.

I do miss the full Voom lineup. It was promised almost 2 years ago. Still not there yet, even though they have forced people to go MPEG4.

I do miss the full Voom lineup. It was promised almost 2 years ago. Still not there yet, even though they have forced people to go MPEG4.
When I knew VOOM [sigh] was going dark and I went to E*, I did so based on the "promise". I'm still waiting. I'm Not unhappy with E*.
Except for the 622 deal or lack of, I should say. I want it for the same price a new sub payes:D $00.00
THe $10 increase has me looking for ways to cut my bill. THe perverbial camel and straw..
I called D* and asked what I loose for HD if I opt for a lesser package. He said NGHD. ARRRGGG.

I just dropped my Voom in response to the recent price increase. I was only being charged $5 for Voom, but didn't even get that much value out of it.

No way......although they don't all have compelling content, I still do watch. Also, why would anyone think that if they dropped Voom they would lower the cost....it would never happen. Channels would get dropped and it would cost the same or they would give us some even more lame channels...how about HSN HD?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)