Would you pay extra if Dish followed Dell's example?

My wife has worked in tech support for dish for 3 years and from what I understand they only have one overseas call center. The overseas call center is located in the Philippines and is only used for billing and for overflow when the USA based call centers get backed up. We've been subscribers for almost 5 years and in that time frame I've called a dozen or so times and never gotten any "foreigners".

huh....so I guess those 6 times I called to fix my Grandma's Dish box after the stupid card upgrade the US call center were "full" and that's why I got Bangladesh Bob, Kim, John etc and kept getting hung up on because all I needed was a rehit to the receiver

The only time I got the US is when I told "Jane" my issue a week later (the receiver showed 0 signal at 2 different spots) and she transferred me to tech support

Thanks for the post Giljorak, but just a quick note. Most people get this quote wrong, and it always bugs me. Here's the right way:
00 - Those who don't understand binary
01 - Those who do understand binary
10 - Those who think they understand binary

... so there are in fact 10 (base 2) kinds of ppl in the world. And people are people, not things, so it's 'who' understand binary, not 'that'.

Actually he was right in the first place.

Counting number 11 (base 2) = counting number 3 (base 10).

You began with absolute numbers which start with 0 but the first of anything is not 0 (except for hard drive numbers), it is 1.

So there ARE 11 (base 2) kinds of people in the world.

Unless you purposely start counting with 00 which does not make sense...

Evan back then I know of one overseas call center, it is in the Phillipines and was called the Orange call center. We were forbidden to discuss it in any form with customers.

There are several, albeit Orange is the only one the CSRs know about. There's several in India as well. And it's still forbidden to discuss its existance, no matter how much they suck. And God do they suck!

DISH is just being penny wise and pound foolish by continuing these foreign language csrs.

There are only pennies here! Take your pounds and shove em Brit! ;)

While we're on the topic, everyone knows Charlie promised to get rid of the outsourced centers something like ten months ago right? Good to know Chuck keeps his word!

huh....so I guess those 6 times I called to fix my Grandma's Dish box after the stupid card upgrade the US call center were "full" and that's why I got Bangladesh Bob, Kim, John etc and kept getting hung up on because all I needed was a rehit to the receiver

The only time I got the US is when I told "Jane" my issue a week later (the receiver showed 0 signal at 2 different spots) and she transferred me to tech support

I believe Dish had a separate call center set up for the card swap, and it seemed to be outsourced or offshore.

When I need to speak with a CSR, I prefer the online chat. Atleast that way, you don't have to deal with an accent.:eek:

Actually he was right in the first place.

Counting number 11 (base 2) = counting number 3 (base 10).

You began with absolute numbers which start with 0 but the first of anything is not 0 (except for hard drive numbers), it is 1.

So there ARE 11 (base 2) kinds of people in the world.

Unless you purposely start counting with 00 which does not make sense...

Uh, 11 is 3, not 2.

Also, any good software engineer knows that c defines the option base for arrays as 0 because that is the base address of the pointer. So you generally access from 0 to n-1.

Now, have we beaten any traces of humor out of the poor joke? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)