Would you want Voom to increase its signal strength?

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
How many would agree with me that Voom needs to increase its broadcast signal? Maybe this can be forwarded to Voom if we get enough feedback.

YES!!!!! My life would be so much easier right now if their signal was strong enough to deal with a tree or two.

Not necessarily. For example, the technology to put OTA scanning in a receiver has been around for years. Voom could have put it in their box from the start. They did not. I'm just using this as an example. All satellite companies can do lots of things that they just haven't done.

VOOM is already at full power. They are running their TPs at double power. As Scotty would say "Captain that's all the power we've got."

lostcuase,

no offense, really, but one example has nothing to do with the other.

The satellite is running full power. The only thing they could do is increase the error correction which would help with rain fade. But, of course if they increase the error correction, they lose programming bandwidth. This would lead to more compression.

The best solution is a larger dish.

occammd said:
lostcuase,

no offense, really, but one example has nothing to do with the other.

No offense taken. It was not meant to be a direct comparison. Just making the point that just because something hasn't been done, doesn't necessarily mean it's because it cannot be done.

I would prefer they fix the other problems rather then moving on to something else.
They have bigger issues at hand right now. I have no complaint with my PQ

jimmy...

jimmykce1 said:
How many would agree with me that Voom needs to increase its broadcast signal? Maybe this can be forwarded to Voom if we get enough feedback.

You're not really a "nuts & bolts" kinda guy are you? (Assuming you are a guy) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)