WOW!! 15 yrs later...Me and Dish!!

I've been on for 14 years. I signed up when the price was dropped. Had to install my original system myself. Ordered from an outfit in NH. Came with the little compass.

May 1997 for me with a 4000 receiver. Started with AT50 for $25/mo and HBO for another $10/mo. Who would pay so much for TV?

BTW still have a working 4000 and 1000 receiver in my closet.

I'm a relative newcomer, I just passed my 10 year anniversary back in august. Used a 501/301 combo until 2007 when I moved and had a 625 installed. Then right around my 10 year anniversary I finally upgraded to HD with my 722.

In 1993 the package came in an Echostar box. Dish was still being formed I guess. I ordered from a satellite distributor. The "dish" did have the wording Dish on it when I opened it up.

I remember installing my dish and two receivers shortly after Dish started their service (self install kit from Sears I believe)...only to be told to remove it by the landlord (military base housing).

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Fired the cable company back in 12/96. First receiver was a Model 2000, had the deluxe version which had a UHF remote and came with a dual LNB. Paid for installation and first year of programming, and still have the shirt Dish sent me as thanks for my first annual renewal.

Also started with the model 3000. Purchased from Sears. Installed myself on the roof using the RCA chimney mount kit. Still up there but swung over to 61.5 now. Threw away 4 or 5 old receivers long ago but kept the JVC D-VHS combo recvr-vcr.
Now using 3 722s and 1 622.

I signed up with Dish Network for their Top 40 package on Jan 27, 1997. Dish had WGN TV on that package and I had to have that as several cable companies were dropping WGN from their line up.

Still have my original reciever Model 3000(?) and use that on tv two in the bedroom these days.

I keep the signal on with the Welcome Pack and still enjoy the service.

I should be getting a slice of cake in the mail...soon!!

:)

Nov/Dec 1997 here. We had the old 2700 series boxes.... graduated a few years later to the 501s, then 721, 622, 722, 922. Its been a long long time....

I guess I better chime in here, too. I started with Dish in early '97. I remember falling off my ladder when I was installing my very first dish back then! Knocked the wind out of me, but no permanent damage [the dish was fine ;) ] We started with the 2700 series boxes, eventually graduating to a 508, an 811, and now a 722 and 612 (the 612 was courtesy of a contest I won here at satelliteguys.us! Thanks, Satellite Guys!). I can't wait for the Joey & Hopper, as this concept has been tossed about for years. A whole-home solution will work wonderfully in our home - now that we have a dedicated home theater room, and smaller TV's set up in other rooms of the house.

I started with Directv. I couldn't find a seller in Orlando. In fact I don't think they sold them yet. I remember I purchased mine from a Sears in one of the first 5 or so states that Directv first starting selling them. The lady on the phone sent it to me 3 or 4 days later. I switched to Dish as soon as it was available in Florida. I loved it because of the superstitions. Loved the Charlie Chats.

I just realized that I have installed 4 Dish antenna/switch setups at my 4 homes since 1998, and 2 at my employer's campus. (and countless receivers)

I suppose if I was ever hurting for work, I could apply for an installer job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)