Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yesterday afternoon at around 4:30 I went to Apples website to order a thunderbolt to FireWire adapter for my retina MacBook Pro and while I was there I ordered a pair of the new Apple earpods which are the new iPhone 5 headphones.

I submitted my order at 4:47pm. At 4am I got an email notice that they shipped. I just got here and guess what's here. Yup the new Earpods!

That was quick and I ordered them with regular shipping!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-312447206.jpg
    image-312447206.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 174
These new EarPods sounds really GOOD and a lot better then the old Apple Ear Buds! Amazing sound and bass. Blasting Fleetwood Mac's Tusk now. :)

Thought you were gonna say your iPhone 5 had arrived! :)

From the description they gave the earPods in the rollout, I knew they'd sound good.
Nice to know you are exercising them with proper music, too. ;)

Ok I took a look at my Email Receipt from yesterday.

I ordered them at 4:28PM... They were ready for UPS at 4:37. They went from PA to NJ to Hartford, CT. I am amazed to see them here today!

Hartford, CT, United States 09/14/2012 2:47 P.M. Delivered
09/14/2012 6:56 A.M. Out For Delivery
09/14/2012 6:39 A.M. Arrival Scan
Saddle Brook, NJ, United States 09/14/2012 4:01 A.M. Departure Scan
09/14/2012 12:56 A.M. Arrival Scan
Harrisburg, PA, United States 09/13/2012 9:51 P.M. Departure Scan
09/13/2012 7:56 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 09/13/2012 4:37 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Ever since I discovered how much difference good in-ear headphones make, I only use Apple earbuds for making phone calls - never for listening music. It's good to hear that iPhone 5 will have better headphones, but I still doubt I will use them for music. The key to good sound, especially on the road, is blocking out the outside noise, and earbuds just don't do that. They may sound fine in a quiet room, but any background noise, especially on the road or in public places kills the sound quality and makes you turn the volume up, which is not good for your ears.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

My problem with the Apple round ear buds was they would not stay in my ear, no matter what. I'm curious to see how the Earpods fit.

Chances are I'll still use my Sony in-ear earphones as they do a great job blocking outside noise (great for flying) and they were the same price as the normal Apple earphone replacements.

I have no idea how good or bad the old apple earbuds were in terms of sound quality because they would NEVER stay in my ears (even when sitting perfectly still). They are just completely the wrong shape. I've found the best headphones for me are earbud style, but with the changeable rubber inserts that fit to a person's specific ear. The ones I have currently stay in during workouts and help prevent outside noise from intruding on my tunes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)