Wow Directv Really?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
are you sure it was Directv and not a scammer? Read a couple comments (mine and Joe Diamond) that were posted. I called the number back and it is not the normal Directv message I know. Joe says it does not route back to Directv either.

Yeah,
The site I found was a fraud collection deal. The number had been used for other companies..maybe not a clue..but one respondent stated it was Directv and they hit your CC for $600.00." I suspect this was / is a false collection scam. Once you give them your CC# with expiration date they generate a CC charge to a company that has a name similar to Directv. That is the only way I can see that the money moves from customer to thief.

Need more pieces for this puzzle. + Directv needs a call today from the customer.

Joe

Last edited:
Yeah,
The site I found was a fraud collection deal. The number had been used for other companies..maybe not a clue..but one respondent stated it was Directv and they hit your CC for $600.00." I suspect this was / is a false collection scam. Once you give them your CC# with expiration date they generate a CC charge to a company that has a name similar to Directv. That is the only way I can see that the money moves from customer to thief.

Need more pieces for this puzzle. + Directv needs a call today from the customer.

Joe

WHY would you EVER give someone your CC # and exp. date over the phone for ANYTHING, unless YOU were the one to initial the call ?

WHY would you EVER give someone your CC # and exp. date over the phone for ANYTHING, unless YOU were the one to initial the call ?
Even then you should be worried. Haven't you seen Peggy??

148186-DISOCVER_LARGE.jpg

Utilities, telecoms, ect are not revolving accts. Before any of these sees a collections agency, it has to be 90 days past due and service was cut off.
At my vacation home in Lincoln City, Oregon, they have shut the water off the day after the bill was due and sent a notice of the fact simultaneously. Most lifeline utilities aren't allowed to do that but for some reason they're quite proud of the fact. In my case, the reconnect fee is about double the average bill.

At my vacation home in Lincoln City, Oregon, they have shut the water off the day after the bill was due and sent a notice of the fact simultaneously. Most lifeline utilities aren't allowed to do that but for some reason they're quite proud of the fact. In my case, the reconnect fee is about double the average bill.

Bet the wouldn't turn your GAS off after 1 day .....

I should say, they WON'T turn the gas off like that, so it all depends on the service your talking about.

Seems like common sense, but we would probably be shocked at what people will do.

Ok let me break this down

If the due date is on the 10 then by the 13th you will get an automated call. If you pick up on that automated call you be routed to an agent. In house collections has no idea what going on with account until there system pulls it up hence why she did not know about it not being PD as she did not call it's all robo calls. Now why did the phone think why Bob was PD I couldnt tell you with out looking.

Ok let me break this down

If the due date is on the 10 then by the 13th you will get an automated call. If you pick up on that automated call you be routed to an agent. In house collections has no idea what going on with account until there system pulls it up hence why she did not know about it not being PD as she did not call it's all robo calls. Now why did the phone think why Bob was PD I couldnt tell you with out looking.

Hey Stoneman!

Maybe you could take a run at the phone number. From the info provided this doesn't seem like your pals in action unless there is an error.

Joe

perhaps the OP was celebrating too much on 4/20 and was having flashbacks to when he subbed to ANOTHER sat company......

K9SAT said:
The moment that bill was paid, (it was paid online with a credit card) the flag to cold call me should have been removed.

Transactions by credit card don't get posted immediately. Especially on weekends. A charge sometimes doesn't get processed until the middle of the week.
There's one reason why in general it is not a good idea to pay bills on the due date.

Maybe the payment posted on Friday but the "late payment" list was generated Thursday night and then sent to the collections group. Who knows.

Transactions by credit card don't get posted immediately. Especially on weekends. A charge sometimes doesn't get processed until the middle of the week.
There's one reason why in general it is not a good idea to pay bills on the due date.

Maybe the payment posted on Friday but the "late payment" list was generated Thursday night and then sent to the collections group. Who knows.

I pay one day ahead of my due date and never had an issue.

Yup, It goes by when you CALLED it in, not when they get around to posting it.

If I called in on a Thursday night and they didn't post it till Saturday, shame on them, I shouldn't be billed for a late payment if it's due on Friday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts