WOW!! Insight must have added 60 HD channels since I left...

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
I just saw this when I was looking at their site (thinking about switching my internet and phone to them from AT&T), and I had to post it here:

"Insight Digital 2.0's HDTV service gives you:
  • The best and biggest HD lineup around
  • Access to local broadcast channels in HD
  • Twice the resolution and 6 times the sharpness of regular TV
  • The brightest color and the richest sound
  • A true movie theater-like experience"
Wow.... the best and biggest lineup. So, of course, I thought that they must have added a bunch of channels since I left for D*, but alas, I looked at the list of channels they carry, and here it is, in all its glory:

ABC HD
CBS HD
FOX HD
NBC HD
PBS HD
CW HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
TNT in HD
MHD (MTV’s HD channel)
Special Events in HD (where available)
HBO HD (requires subscription to HBO)
Showtime HD (requires subscription to Showtime)

But wait! There's more! Sign up for the HD Pak, and you can also get these channels!
Universal HD
HDNet
HDNet Movies
HD Theater

I don't feel so bad about D* and E*'s advertising and stupid numbers games when I see crap like that...

LOL, somewhere they must have a micro comment disclaimer like

"only available locally, in these specific zip codes, via cable only"

I don't feel so bad about D* and E*'s advertising and stupid numbers games when I see crap like that...

What they meant to say was: "The best and biggest HD lineup [that we can fit in our substandard pathetic 1970's copper coax backbone, which compared to other local crappy cable providers would make us the best] around.
:D

What gets me is that they obviously have done some updating on their site since you show them listing HD Theater. Until about a month ago, this was still called DiscoveryHD Theather. Shameless and blatant IMHO. :rolleyes:

Since this discussion has nothing to do with Directv, I am moving it to the proper area.

Since this discussion has nothing to do with Directv, I am moving it to the proper area.

Sorry, I actually thought it did... I was commenting on Insight's statements in light of the recent additions of DirecTV, to whose service I currently subscribe.

Wasn't trying to start a fight in the Insight forum - I just thought my DirecTV fellows would get a kick out of it...

Sorry, I actually thought it did... I was commenting on Insight's statements in light of the recent additions of DirecTV, to whose service I currently subscribe.

Wasn't trying to start a fight in the Insight forum - I just thought my DirecTV fellows would get a kick out of it...

Sorry, I thought it was more about Insight than Directv.

I just saw this when I was looking at their site (thinking about switching my internet and phone to them from AT&T), and I had to post it here:

• Access to local broadcast channels in HD
  • Twice the resolution and 6 times the sharpness of regular TV
  • The brightest color and the richest sound
  • A true movie theater-like experience"
Wow.... the best and biggest lineup. So, of course, I thought that they must have added a bunch of channels since I left for D*, but alas, I looked at the list of channels they carry, and here it is, in all its glory:

ABC HD
CBS HD
FOX HD
NBC HD
PBS HD
CW HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
TNT in HD
MHD (MTV’s HD channel)
Special Events in HD (where available)
HBO HD (requires subscription to HBO)
Showtime HD (requires subscription to Showtime)

But wait! There's more! Sign up for the HD Pak, and you can also get these channels!
Universal HD
HDNet
HDNet Movies
HD Theater

Here n Evansville thursday we got a post card they are adding TBSH D and NFL HD and several more it says.

The will be COMCAST after DEC 31. Yes, they offer very little HD but what they do have looked great at the time I suscribed. They have the biggest selection too (Compared to other local cable companies of which there are none.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts