WOW! Just noticed the new DISH Remote Access Feature

anonymouse99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
WOW! Just noticed the new DISH DVR Remote/Web Access Feature

I just noticed that Dish Network has added "DISH Remote Access" Feature which allows broadband access/management of my 722 DVR via the web. Is this old news, has anyone else tried this?

Although I am unable to connect to my DVR, probably due to firewall issues, it seems like a really cool feature.

To try it, you'll need to login into your Dish online account web page, select the "Dish Remote Access" menu option to the left of your web page and follow the prompts.

Good luck :D :D

Update: I managed to finally access the remote feature - first thoughts, it seems cool/impressive.

Last edited:
Access through your dishnetwork.com account is new, but the feature itself has been available for a while.

looks like slingguide is now available to all. just wish they would get my HD locals in the guide, they were added on wednesday. how long does it take for them to show up in the slingguide?

I just noticed that Dish Network has added "DISH Remote Access" Feature which allows broadband access/management of my 722 DVR via the web. Is this old news, has anyone else tried this?

Although I am unable to connect to my DVR, probably due to firewall issues, it seems like a really cool feature.

To try it, you'll need to login into your Dish online account web page, select the "Dish Remote Access" menu option to the left of your web page and follow the prompts.

Good luck :D :D

Update: I managed to finally access the remote feature - first thoughts, it seems cool/impressive.
What is the website that you are referring to?

DISH Remote Access- DISH Network

Scroll towards the bottom of this page under "CURRENT DISH CUSTOMERS" - use your existing dish network login and password - if you don't have a dish account, create one.
When I log in at the bottom of this page it just sends me to my account information page. If I click on the Dish Remote Access link on the left side of my account information page, it just takes me back to the above page and asks me to log in again. It's an endless loop. I'm using Firefox, could that be the issue?

edit: I just tried it with IE and it does the same thing. How do you set this up?

This is yet another feature that is not available to me because my Dish service is bundled with my phone company. Bundling saves me $5 a month. I might unbundle just because it irks me to not have features that a Dish customer is supposed to have.

This is yet another feature that is not available to me because my Dish service is bundled with my phone company. Bundling saves me $5 a month. I might unbundle just because it irks me to not have features that a Dish customer is supposed to have.

You can bundle with your phone company in Sanborn? That isn't verizon is it?

What kind of firewall are you using? I have not run into any that are causing problems yet. I am using a linksys with no problem. You should not have to open or foward any ports either.

I've tried it with IE, Firefox, and Iphone (safari) with no problem. I do wish it was an iphone app similar to what D* has or that the iphone webpage was a little more user friendly but other than that it's a cool feature.

I'm bundled and there's good news. You can go direct to DISH Remote Access Login and create a sling.com account and still access this feature. I've been using it for months through the beta program and it's very nice. There are a few things they can stand to improve, but it's a great start.

I've used the sling guide for a few months, when it works, it works great,but for me I am able to connect about 30% of the time.

Will this work with a VIP 211 converted with an external hard drive?

I was creating my account and did not see this receiver in the list, but I am wondering if this omission is just to avoid confusing people that have the 211 but are not using it as a DVR.

I just tried it, and it's very confusing with 3 VIP receivers all online. There appear to be blocks of program info from different receivers on the main page. And I have to know the receiver numbers in order to switch anything.

I still can't sign up for this. When you log in on the bottom of the Dish Remote Access page (in the Current Dish Customers area) what is supposed to happen? For me it just sends me to my dish account information page which has nothing at all on it about configuring remote access. There is a link and an graphic on the left side of this page for Dish Remote Access but clicking on either of them opens a new browser window with the same Dish Remote Access page that I started at with the same log in area at the bottom. I can just keep logging in over and over and nothing changes. I'm getting confused here. What am I supposed to see happen?

I just tried it, and it's very confusing with 3 VIP receivers all online. There appear to be blocks of program info from different receivers on the main page. And I have to know the receiver numbers in order to switch anything.
Log in to your remote access page, then try going to 'Preferences' tab and then click on 'Receivers' link. You should she a list of your receivers there. Figure out which is which, and then click on 'Edit' for each, and you can assign them an obvious nickname (Living Room Receiver, or something like that).

Hope that helps.

This released version has the same problems as the beta did for me - my Ohio HD locals don't show in the grid, it displays channels from Arizona instead. Are any of you that had this problem with the beta software seeing that this is fixed for you now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)