Wow really got my first 6 foot dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
hi guys finally got my first dish ( 6 foot ) is really easy to assemble and signal Quality is really great. I got 37.5W,43W ,45W,55W,58W,61W( Amazonas). Maybe later i'll try to get the c-band circular and after that start with the 87 W
to 125W i hope i get all. this new dish model from Sadoun is the best.

got some pictures.

:):) Hope u guys like them.

I keep post it the others satellites ,which of them i can get. :)

Attachments

• DSC09778.JPG
    DSC09778.JPG
    916.4 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC09782.JPG
    DSC09782.JPG
    905.1 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC09783.JPG
    DSC09783.JPG
    887.6 KB · Views: 284
WELCOME to the real C-Band club Manny :)
I've got 3 of those 6 foot dishes (2 Fortec 1 Sadoun) and they rock.

So now you shouldnt have any issues getting MetroTV now ;)

Looks like 40.5W has a ton of circular polarity signals on it

Hi Iceberg

Yes really thank u for the welcome the 6 footer really best, instead of the 1.2 m (ku dish)
next time i got the c-band circular.

Manny

all you need to do is put the dialectic plate down the throat of the LNB to get circular. If you dont have it, I've seen folks use like a credit card to make it work :)

If you take the cover off the LNB you'll see 2 sets of grooves on each side. That is where it goes to make it a circular polarity LNB

Nice dish.. and like ICEBERG said, welcome to the C-Band club.

Congrats on your new dish it looks nice. Welcome to forum. I started out with a 6' prodelin pointed at G10r @123w to watch TVN ppv, and the outdoor channels. That was a few years ago. I have grown into a 10' sami.

Your hobby will grow! So will the dish size.
Have fun and enjoy.

thanks all u guys for this welcome words and i'll try to get lower satellite, hope i hit other ones. i'll keep posted any other notes.

and thank u guys. Manny

Manuel, Did you get the unscrambled Televisa Networks mux on 43W? I ve been trying to no availability , well the trees are the culprit probably but wanted to confirm. Like turbosat said , now I want a 10 footer minimum!!!.

hee hee noticed you have the Sadoun logo at the bottom of the dish

I think all of my C-Band dishes have the logo at the bottom too ;)

Hi Hd Fan

well sorry but didn't try this transponder but tomorrow i'll get some answer for u. I really miss that transpoder. but tomorrow u get it.

Bye Bye Manny

Manuel, Did you get the unscrambled Televisa Networks mux on 43W? I ve been trying to no availability , well the trees are the culprit probably but wanted to confirm. Like turbosat said , now I want a 10 footer minimum!!!.

I'd try too but I'm in the same boat as you...trees in the way ;)
(can only get to 55W)

Hi guys

I coudn't do the testing for 43 w but i'll do it tomorrow morning.sorry for the delay

Manny

Hello Hd fun

well i really try to get Televisa Network (3928H,13500) no signal maybe need a bigger dish but zero signal Quality.

ur friend Manny

Thanks Manny. It has 7/8 FEC as I recall so It is very difficult to lock, guess I need an 8 footer now , lol and more important get rid of the tree !!!, lol.

Hd fan

Hi, maybe next week i can try to do the test in a 10 footer dish and i'll let u know about it.

later Manny

The 7/8 FEC shouldnt matter of locking a signal....now whether it plays without pixeling is a different story.

When I do updates for thelist, AMC1 has DW-TV (German)...that TP is 7/8 FEC but I can lock the signal enough to log the channel for thelist. Its pixeling as heck but will log

The fact manny is getting 0 quality means either the dish is undersized or not aimed correctly.

Sometimes the LNB needs to be pushed in a little bit

It really works after Months working

Hi guys

this is manny i really :) about my 6 footer dish because I thought never gonna have Satmex5 @ 116W but finally yerterday i got some channels in my box bur the problem was in the c-band lnb because i got to adjust counter clockwise and after that bingo signal showed. well I got this satellites (72W,87W,99W,113W,116W&121W) like i said it was hard but now I got it.

thank u guys for all ur comments.:):)

this is a picture of a 10 footer is nice but the 6 footer works better too. maybe 8 to 18 SQ more (10 footer), this dish i can access 2 times a wee. I use it for testing.

Attachments

• DSC09393.JPG
    DSC09393.JPG
    952.8 KB · Views: 205
Status
Please reply by conversation.