Wow, skip ahead and skip back on live TV is really jacked.

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
So I was watching the Indiana Jones marathon on Paramount yesterday in the master bedroom (joey3) and I like to pause it for as long as the buffer allows so I can skip commercials. The skip buttons are not working well at all. Skipping through commercials was a lot of work, it would usually skip ahead to live tv and I would have to rewind all the way back to the buffer limit to get back to where I was at. This happened when trying to skip back if I overshot it and missed some of the program as well. Sometimes when I skipped a commercial it would go to black screen for 20-30 seconds before the image would come back. They really need to fix this.

In addition it absolutely will not allow you to skip back 10 or 20 seconds on live tv without jumping ahead to live tv. I sometimes will skip back to hear something I might have missed and then it skips more dialog that I didn't even see when it jumps to live tv by itself. This is really annoying.

I have a hopper3 in the living room and joey3 in the master bedroom. 2 wireless joeys in other bedrooms but I don't use those and have no idea if they have the same issue.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
...The skip buttons are not working well at all. Skipping through commercials was a lot of work, it would usually skip ahead to live tv and I would have to rewind all the way back to the buffer limit to get back to where I was at. This happened when trying to skip back if I overshot it and missed some of the program as well. Sometimes when I skipped a commercial it would go to black screen for 20-30 seconds before the image would come back. They really need to fix this.
I agree; this really should be fixed. Most of that confusing mess was fixed for me with U936 on my H3.
In addition it absolutely will not allow you to skip back 10 or 20 seconds on live tv without jumping ahead to live tv. I sometimes will skip back to hear something I might have missed and then it skips more dialog that I didn't even see when it jumps to live tv by itself. This is really annoying.
Unfortunately that particular issue was not fixed for me either. :crying

Reactions: charlesrshell
So I was watching the Indiana Jones marathon on Paramount yesterday in the master bedroom (joey3) and I like to pause it for as long as the buffer allows so I can skip commercials. The skip buttons are not working well at all. Skipping through commercials was a lot of work, it would usually skip ahead to live tv and I would have to rewind all the way back to the buffer limit to get back to where I was at. This happened when trying to skip back if I overshot it and missed some of the program as well. Sometimes when I skipped a commercial it would go to black screen for 20-30 seconds before the image would come back. They really need to fix this.

I have a hopper3 in the living room and joey3 in the master bedroom. 2 wireless joeys in other bedrooms but I don't use those and have no idea if they have the same issue.
Did your Joey 3 get the U582 update?

Wow, I am so glad that I still have a 512. :)
They weren't worth an "F" on my 501 either, once Dish ripped out the Tivo IP. :crying Actually, that's too strong. Just about any trick play, even though buggy, is better than a bare metal TV! I often take a vacation in Nags Head NC. Of course none of the property owners pay for the DVR version of their cable provider. God almighty there are a lot of commercials! It's pretty much unwatchable.

Reactions: the mack
What is even worse, on my HWS if you have autoskip enabled on a recorded program, and you hit the skip back button to hear something you missed, it skips forward to after the next commercial break! :mad::confused:

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Did your Joey 3 get the U582 update?
I checked and yes my Joey 3 is on U582. Funny thing is that skip fwd/back works perfectly on recorded material from the DVR. It is ONLY on live programs that I am having all these issues. I noticed that the DISH staff that monitor the forum seem to be very quiet on this subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts