Wow! Super Nice HD on VH1!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

robx46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Just wanted to note this as this was something I didn't expect. I am new to D* and definitely watch some VH1 programming. With E* I was so used to the compressed to hell SD feeds like when I watched Rock of Love last week (hey, I like to watch train wrecks, don't judge!).

So I tune in this week with my new D* setup to watch the show this week, and it was listed as a true HD broadcast.
The picture nearly blew me away! Seriously. I know they must broadcast 1080i, and it is crystal clear with colors really popping.

Maybe its just my eyes tonight, but one of the best looking HD shows I've ever seen. You can see their herpes and everything! Seriously, you really can!

Also noticed a couple other of their newer shows are HD, so I'll be checking those out. However I did notice that only the original airings of these shows are listed as HD in the D* guide. So if this is true and you DVR, might want to make sure you catch the 1st airings.

The early part of Rock of Love wasn't in HD which sucked. I missed some episodes because I have other shows set to series because of the damn D* DVR limit of 50 Series. However yesterday I tuned in because and man was I shocked on the HD Picture. You are correct the picture is amazing for VH1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.