Wow..What happened to VOD?

W

whatusernamesareleft

On Vacation
Jul 17, 2010
Wisconsin
My concern here is it that it sounds like Whatusernamesareleft is mentioning they "disappeared," based on the thread title, or something changed at least. If that is the case, you may want to pick a day per week where the receiver can be left completely off from 3AM to 11AM EST, mainly because that is when the titles are updated and new VOD content is downloaded to the receiver. If I am reading too much into the initial statement, then it may be a package limitation as others have suggested.

Maybe I got VOD and dishonline mixed up. Dishonline is where I only see like 32 freebies, and any other menus have no free ones on the dishonline thing.

T

TonyT@DISH Network

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 21, 2010
Denver, CO
That is package specific then. If you do not subscribe to the package (whether premium or channel package), you will not see it "free".

E

englishtycoon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 2, 2011
USVI
TonyT@DISH Network said:
That is package specific then. If you do not subscribe to the package (whether premium or channel package), you will not see it "free".

Or if in PR or USVI, just another package we can not get :) Platinum that is

costanzas_wallet

costanzas_wallet

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 15, 2008
Pennsylvania
Can we all please stop calling it Videos On Demand?

You may be able to consider the DishOnline over a computer OnDemand, but the "VOD" available to "download" to your DVR and "view later" is absolutely not OnDemand. Calling it so is kinda insulting.

How about calling it STD-AVL? "Stuff to Download and View Later"

E

englishtycoon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 2, 2011
USVI
whatchel1 said:
You saying that none of the channels area available there? It's an add on package to the English or Latino packages.

dish will only allow us access to 119/110 so we don't get it

G

getstuff4less

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 24, 2009
CA
Can we all please stop calling it Videos On Demand?

You may be able to consider the DishOnline over a computer OnDemand, but the "VOD" available to "download" to your DVR and "view later" is absolutely not OnDemand. Calling it so is kinda insulting.

How about calling it STD-AVL? "Stuff to Download and View Later"
+1

whatchel1

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
dish will only allow us access to 119/110 so we don't get it
Dish On line or on Demand doesn't come via sat. It downloads via the net. Hit DVR button and you will see a list of things that you can browse thru to download. This is the On Demand that I'm talking about. Not the ch 1 VOD that is in guide.