Wow...wrote Voom a nasty gram, got a phone call in 25 minutes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I really reached my wits end tonight with the billing department, rain fade, unanswered escalated calls, etc....

So instead of calling Voom, a normally useless endeavor I sat down and wrote them a email on Voom.com. It was pretty direct and to the point.

I was amazed, around 25-30 minutes later a manager from Voom called me to discuss my issues.

Unfortunetly we had someone over the house doing some work and I could not talk, but thanked him for his prompt return of my call and we scheduled a time for tommorow evening to go over everything.

Shake the tree hard enough....results tommorow night.

TheTimm said:
Betcha a nickel no one calls ya tomorrow. Boy I'm getting cynical. I hope I'm wrong! Good luck!

You're getting more negative than me :D . Actually Voom is real nice and polite at listening, it's the "action" part that causes them trouble.

They have told me several times that they will call me back, but about a week ago after having problems I recieved a call back. Several to be exact. With all the recent changes going on at Voom its always a possibility they are wanting to improve there Customer Service. Stealing the award for best Customer Service from DirecTV would be huge for Voom. I admit, they have a long way to go if they want to claim that title, but its definately a lot better.

Yes they did. He told me I was the first call on his list and he started work at 6:30pm our time.

7:10 or so he called. We went through the entire situation and in the end this is where things sat:

Oct 2nd I will get the larger dish, we talked about the rain fade issue and all that was involved with it.

I will get credited at the least till July, the first official record they have of my escalation, even though it happened back on May 10th when the installer came out. There is a good possibility I will get credited till May, but thought let me see what they do for me.

All in all, he was very helpful, and gave his reason why the CSR's do not tell customers about the larger dishes, however I told him when a customer is on the phone, knows you have the larger dish, can reference actual proof there is a larger dish, continuing to lie about existence of said dish just pisses people off..

In the end, it looks like I will end up with what I wanted, first and foremost the 24" dish, installed by another company. After my story of the guy pouring water on the dish they are sending an out of state install company to do my upgrade.

The credit is also inline with what I expected. Either one of two things will happen, they will credit my bill 100 percent, around 360 dollars, or 260 of it. I did forget to mention the illegal sales tax and will bring that up with him tommorow when he calls back to straighten out the billing situation.

I did not give him a new CC number today, and don't think I will until I get the final verdict based on their billing department.

I was in the middle of replacing bushings on my car when he called so I didn't spend a ton of time with him, but will tommorow when he calls back.

From what I gathered, alot of their problems lie within their management system. What needs to happen to get things approved and fixed. They are on the ropes dollar wise so upper management is micro managing things to try to keep costs down as much as possible, which just leads to pissing off your customers, which leads to more lost revenue, but hey, thats just my opinion.

I kind of got into the whole lying bit a few times....told him especially with the general demographic they are dealing with, you assume they have a certain type of customer, who falls into a certain education level and all that other happy marketing BS. There customer service just needs huge improvements, and that needs to come from putting the power more into the CSR's hands.

I bet the CSR I initially called did the right thing, then some manager shot it down and left it sit.

Maybe I should send them my resume, I'll straighten the call center out :)

BTW,

Voom stealing the customer service award from D* is super super easy.

Its easier to satisfy 28K people, than several million. Just on averages V* should crush them on a scale like that.

Ilya said:
So, where is your nickel ? :D
He'll receive a check in the mail in 6 to 8 weeks ( I'm not set up to credit it to his account). If there's a problem I'll escalate it to my billing department. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)