WPIX New York question

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
As of last night, I "live" in the Joplin Missouri DMA for local channels on Eastern Arc spot beam 63. I noticed that WPIX lit up in my guide on Channel 919. Is this because Joplin doesn't have a CW feed in their locals?

As a side note, it's cool to have one of the Superstations again, since I had previously dumped them and lost grandfathered status.

Reactions: pattykay
Dish doesn't carry my local CW. I used to get WPIX until the dispute with Tribune. They didn't give it back after it was settled.

I have 'moved' to the Tupelo/Columbus, Miss DMA in the past. The CW in that market is on a subchannel of WCBI.
Dish doesn't carry the subchannel and you don't get WPIX as a CW substitute either. So you don't get a national
CW in all cases, if your market doesn't have one.

I have 'moved' to the Tupelo/Columbus, Miss DMA in the past. The CW in that market is on a subchannel of WCBI.
Dish doesn't carry the subchannel and you don't get WPIX as a CW substitute either. So you don't get a national
CW in all cases, if your market doesn't have one.

Interesting. I guess I'll just be happy I have it at all then

Reactions: charlesrshell
IMG_0053.JPG
The CW on DirecTV for the national feed is from La now San Diego no longer has a CW affiliate in Mexico anymore they was getting it from Mexico and that channel no longer carries the CW so DirecTV change it KTLA

Wonder why they don't have WPIX in HD? Bandwidth issues?

I don't think anyone knows why WWOR is in the clear for HD. I do know I get WWOR from the actual channel 6307 that someone in NY would get along with the Superstation channel 238. But for WPIX I do not get the corresponding actual channel (6304) I would if I was in NY just the drop down Superstation channel 234.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Who cares about the superstations.

The only reason why they where good back in the day was because they showed a lot of Star Trek episodes.

Other than Star Trek, I could care less.
? Some weeks that's how I see Penn & Teller and Whose line is it. Also Honeymooners... Few various others

Who cares about the superstations.

The only reason why they where good back in the day was because they showed a lot of Star Trek episodes.

Other than Star Trek, I could care less.

I care about the superstations. I enjoy watching local news from New York, Boston, Denver and Los Angeles.
If I had the choice, my subscription would consist of ONLY my locals and the Superstations. I could not care less about most other programming.

Especially Star Trek.

:D

The superstations were not pulled exactly. Some of us are grandfathered in and still get them. I do not think anyone is clear on why DISH will not sell them to new subs. Lots of speculation here but there always has been speculation about them around here. Not sure what Juan is referring to. I am not aware of any change in their legal status after the digital transition but again there is always lots of speculation about them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)