WPIX - Yankee Games

Oh....My parents live in the Tampa area. Why the hell are there so many Yankees fans among the transplanted New Yorkers down there?
I am a Mets fan (Rays too now) and live in Tampa. I think the skankee fans come here in part because this is the spring training home of the Yanks. BTW, it was Steinbrenners as well.

Oh....My parents live in the Tampa area. Why the hell are there so many Yankees fans among the transplanted New Yorkers down there?
I've been called many things, but a Yankee fan is the lowest. :)

boston_red_sox_logo.gif

I've been called many things, but a Yankee fan is the lowest. :)

boston_red_sox_logo.gif
OOPS. Sorry.
You still upset with Mets fans for '86 and all the Buckner jokes?
The best one I heard was that Buckner tried to commit suicide by standing in front a bus, but it went through his legs.
Anyway, the Mets should contend for a wild card spot. Washington will be strong. Of course the NL central is going to be stacked.
Cards, Brewers and yes the Cubs will be tough this year.
Out west, The Giants seem to have the best of it.

I just look forward to watching the guys play in the traditional unies again. Takes me back to the days when I used to dash out to Shea after morning classes at Queens College to take in a day game. Now, if they would just get back to wearing socks and stirrups, the way the good Lord meant for baseball unies to be . . .

OOPS. Sorry.
You still upset with Mets fans for '86 and all the Buckner jokes?
The best one I heard was that Buckner tried to commit suicide by standing in front a bus, but it went through his legs.

Three world Series in 10 years has eased that pain. :D

I just look forward to watching the guys play in the traditional unies again. Takes me back to the days when I used to dash out to Shea after morning classes at Queens College to take in a day game. Now, if they would just get back to wearing socks and stirrups, the way the good Lord meant for baseball unies to be . . .
Not sure I follow. Traditional unies?
Do you mean, no more third jerseys? No more color jerseys? White at home, grays on the road?
Never cared for the dark colored third jerseys. They look like softball unis.

Reactions: GaryPen
Out west, The Giants seem to have the best of it.
Giants fans have become real a-holes lately, too. I always enjoy the rare treat of seeing the Mets beat the Giants.

The 2000 wild card series was great. There aren't enough E's in the word "sweet" for when Franco struck out Bonds in the bottom of the 10th in game 2.
And, Benny hitting the game-winner in the bottom of the 13th in game 3!
Bobby Jones' pitching gem in game 4!

Fun stuff. I'd like to see it again.

Not sure I follow. Traditional unies?
Do you mean, no more third jerseys? No more color jerseys? White at home, grays on the road?
Never cared for the dark colored third jerseys. They look like softball unis.

The button-down pinstriped home whites with "Mets" in upward-slanting script, gray arched "New York" on the road, pre-Seventies style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)