WPXS 13 St Louis(Mt Vernon)

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Missouri
Anyone know why they only have up their "slate" (no programing)?
It's been like this for at least several days.
contract probelms?
techical problems?

WPXS was owned by Equity Broadcasting. Equity filed bankruptcy and sold off almost all of their stations. Throw in the fact that alot of the stations they own (or I guess owned) didnt have a digital signal so they went off the air. There is a digital signal for WPXS so it wasnt that......I have a feeling they are in the process of it being transferred to the new owner

They sold it to Daystar so it probably will be a Daystar affiliate. The station is on free to air and is showing the same thing. Been like that since 7/21
On 11800V/26657, WPXS seems to be gone, and KWBM has switched to Daystar

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1898299-post171.html

interesting....on G18 satellite (where Equity's channels would originate) I have just a black screen

The station is owned by Daystar so odd to see RTV on there....interesting as when Equity ran it, WPXS was a RTN/RTV station until their little spat with the new owners (and former CEO of Equity)

They appear to be airing the west feed of RTN that is/was on AMC 5

(I lost that feed a couple of months ago because of trees, aand don't know if it's still there)

So here's what I know of the WPXS weekday schedule since they are indeed following the RTN west feed. (all times Central)

5 Pm Magnum
6 PM Kojak
7 PM Adam 12
7:30 PM Dragnet
8 PM - Incredible Hulk
9 PM Knight Rider
10 PM - A-Team
11 PM - Airwolf
Midnight - Emergency

IIRC for Saturday evening

8 PM Buck Rogers
9 PM Battlestar Gallactica (the original)

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
As of Aug 7, 2009 all I can see is the blue screen with WPXS Mount Vernon, at least on Charter Cable. The Charter phone rep had no clue. Just wondering if they plan to come back alive at some time. When it was RTN there were a few programs that were worth having a look.

Not sure if this will help you guys, but I'm looking at WPXS-13 off D* right now, & they ARE showing Dragnet, but the EPG shows it actually playing 2 hours ago. (it's a D* Tivo, so the guide goes back a day) There is the RTV logo in the corner as well.

WPXS?

I am currently watching it, but I'm just getting some commercials then goes blank. It appears to be going to THIS tv as that is what I saw in the lower right hand corner. Just went blank after the ron lynn deutch commercial. Looking at the website, they appear to have moved both channel wise and geographically. Analog 13 had to go off the air, and it looks like they went to Digital channel 21, but they moved it farther west and it is not as high above average terrain as well. This caused them a lot of coverage loss. I have sent them a comment asking about their 123W link, but I don't really expect a reply. El_Viejo.

Please help me install a new receiver (multiple room changes)

Does Dish downrez HD channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts