Wrestlemania!

Vince wants to do huge stadium shows now for WM thats why he is at the new Meadowlands place next year. But the thing is what to do for WM30? Purists want MSG again but Vince wants a stadium to do it in.

WM28 made the most money ever for any of the WM shows...almost $9 million...!

Iceberg, you brought up WrestleMania 7 in LA. I've always heard 2 rumors to why it was moved to the Sports Arena. One, yes the US/Iraq conflict was going on and Sgt. Slaughter was the "Iraqi Sympathizer" going into WM 7. I've also heard the reason they moved into the Sports Arena was because of poor ticket sales. Who knows which reason it is.

well the previous year at SKydone they had 68000 people
WM 8 at the Hoosier (RCA) dome had 62000

while the Coliseum held like 100000 people so I doubt it would be a sellout they still could have easily had 65000 people there. Option I is probably the best of the two "scenarios". Note that most of the stadium shows are in covered (or can be covered) stadiums. This one and the Citrus Bowl are the only 2 that havent been (well that whole Ceasars Palace one back in the day was the other) ;)

Salsa, did you see on youtube there is a video of Lebron James, D-Wade and Chris Bosh set to the NWO music? Btw, you were at Raw Monday, right? Did you hear those Daniel Bryan chants? WOW!!!

Mets82 said:
Salsa, did you see on youtube there is a video of Lebron James, D-Wade and Chris Bosh set to the NWO music? Btw, you were at Raw Monday, right? Did you hear those Daniel Bryan chants? WOW!!!

I did not see that video...but definitely going to see it. As far as the "YES!" chants ...have gone viral! Last night, when Lebron went off scoring 14 straight points in the 4th quarter and then the 76ers called a timeout... The crowd at the AAA started chanting "yes!", "yes!", "yes!"

I'm surprised Vince hasn't been after holding WM30 at Jerry's World or Cowboy stadium... those screens would really enhance the show for all vs those that were behind the stage in the nose bleed of this years WM that got screwed and prob couldn't see much of nothing.

Isn't the record for attendance 93,000 in the Silverdome for WM3 or something like that?

Urban legend has said that it was more 78,000 people for WM 3 but whatever. I dont think they can have WM 30 in Dallas because I think the NCAA is having there Regionals or Final Four or something there.

salsadancer7 said:
Yeah... I think that was the '93 Mania.

Thanks for all the pictures and info. Must have been fun stuff. I went to WM27 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta and the place didn't even look the same - WWE gave it a facelift that was amazing (this being a stadium that many NFL fans in Atlanta are ready to replace). It certainly won't be WM but I have tickets to Over the Limit in Raleigh in May. I'm interested to see how things look there.

WWE puts on quite a show, when I went to wrestlemania at ford field, they do a great job of really making the most of a stadium....now one of my favorite you tube clips.....

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI[/video]It's Still Real To Me Dammit - YouTube

Classic clip :)

I've always wanted to go to Wrestlemania. Even just going to a Raw show is a BLAST, much more fun than watching on TV

Thanks for all the pictures and info. Must have been fun stuff. I went to WM27 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta and the place didn't even look the same - WWE gave it a facelift that was amazing (this being a stadium that many NFL fans in Atlanta are ready to replace). It certainly won't be WM but I have tickets to Over the Limit in Raleigh in May. I'm interested to see how things look there.

I had started a "sports bucket list" and WM, or a big PPV of some kind at MSG, was one. As well as a local WM if it ever came to Miami.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)