Wrestling, Baseball-Softball, Squash make 2020 Olympics short list

So stupid that they dropped it in the first place.Wrestling is one of the oldest,purest,sports there is.

So stupid that they dropped it in the first place.Wrestling is one of the oldest,purest,sports there is.

And as much as I LOVE baseball, I undertood WHY they dropped it. VERY few countries play it. You will have countries that do not play it, have to build a stadium for it. I personally think they should add/remove certains types of sports based on the location of the Summer Games.

Actually I believe pretty much all of the Americas, North & South play Baseball and it is a "sport", there are Softball players from Australia playing in the US so it must be played there also... The America's take up a pretty good chunk of the world imho.

Actually I believe pretty much all of the Americas, North & South play Baseball and it is a "sport", there are Softball players from Australia playing in the US so it must be played there also... The America's take up a pretty good chunk of the world imho.

But the Olympics consists of more than the Americas. As much I think baseball more than deserves to be there... I can see why they would not it for those European countries that have no interest.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Many other countries play baseball as well.Japan,Korea,just to name a couple.

Many other countries play baseball as well.Japan,Korea,just to name a couple.

Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Italy, Australia, Venezuela, give a few mins and I can think of some more.

The WBC killed Olympic baseball, who would play in it? High Schoolers?

Basketball got a break that it's classified as a summer sport and does not interfere with the NBA season. The NHL shuts down for 2 weeks during the olympics , I doubt that MLB would ever consider that. It would be entertaining but it will never happen.

Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Italy, Australia, Venezuela, give a few mins and I can think of some more.

Over 120 countries participate in the Summer Games. Only about 15 countries have a professional baseball league of any kind. Sorry, as much as I love baseball, building facilities for a sport that the country might not even have a league for is wasted money. Spend that money on upgrading facilities they already have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)