Wrong channel recorded

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sdfntx

Hook 'em, 'Horns!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
S. Texas
I just saw a similar issue reported by ac1 on the error code 05 thread, but thought I'd start a new one. Twice now since replacing my original Hopper with a HWS a couple weeks ago, one channel is shown to be recording on the TV Activity screen, but another channel is actually getting recorded. PTA is in use, and both times have involved a non-PTA channel from a timer getting crossed with, at least in the 2nd instance, a PTA channel. The first time it was USA Channel; this time it was the local CW, as seen below:

TV Activity CW and ABC.jpg

ABC on CW.jpg

As the 2nd photo shows, the banner identifies the channel as the CW (which is what should be recording), but the channel logo shows that it's really the local ABC affiliate that's getting recorded.

I did a RBR after this 2nd incident, but wanted to float this out here, too. Since it was over a week between these false recordings, I may not know for awhile if that solved the problem. Anyone experience anything like this besides me and ac1? Having gone thru 3 Hoppers before finding one that would work with my Sling Adapter, I'm sure hoping my new HWS doesn't have some sort of problem, too. TIA!

Suzanne

Seriously? Almost two weeks and over 80 viewings and not a single comment?!? Not even an "I feel your pain"??? Am I the only person lucky enough to have this problem? It's happening again right now, in fact: both channel banner and TV Activity screens show that Whose Line Is It Anyway? is recording, but I'm seeing some ABC show instead. Anyone else in the San Antonio, TX, market area that can check Ch. 35 and let me know what you're getting? Would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much for the reply! Neglected to add that the OTA broadcast is just fine: correct program on correct channel. It appears to be just something that Dish is messing up in this area of DishLand. Can't say for sure that it started with the swap from Hopper to HWS, but it's something that's only started happening in the last few weeks, as all of the CW's Arrow episodes recorded correctly, back when the new episodes were airing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)