wrong channel recordings?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Has any one noticed this?
I had my guide set for all subs, and set a program to record later on that night. Then I set my guide to a custom guide with only a few channels on it and the channel I set to record was not one of them. I left the guide set to this custom guide. Well the wrong show recorded.I guess you have to make sure the channel you are recording is on the guide.

This was a bug that has been corrected. Make sure you have the latest software version, 2.05.

I didnt say anything about other bugs. I talking about the referenced bug. The failure-to-record-when-custom-channel-guide-does-not-contain-channel-to-be-recorded bug was supposedly corrected.

I have 2.05, I don't think I had that problem in earlier versions. But I cant be sure.

Happened to me with 2.05

I've had the wrong channel record several times and I'm at rev. 2.05. I wasn't aware of this as a known bug (that was supposed to have been fixed). It's been driving me nuts, and thanks to this thread, I now know that the custom guide was at issue. Yet another feature that I won't be using now.

I don't even think the favorites list (custom guide) is the problem. I had a timer set to record channel Charlie Chat on channel 101 and it recorded channel 105. Both channels were on my only favorite list and they also are in the two default lists.

I think this really is two separate bugs that could cause the wrong channel to be recorded. At least I have seen enough proof that the currently selected guide list affects many functions, including event timers. Their (522 developers) approach in all affected functions, when some channel is needed, is to go to the nearest numbered channel available in the currently selected guide list. I don't know why this would seem logical to anyone.

But it also seems people are getting the wrong channel recorded for no apparent reason, unless all of them didn't notice they had a different guide list selected that didn't have the desired channel on it. So it looks like two separate but possibly related bugs.

I added a couple of channels to my wife's favorites list so that my shows would get recorded. I have 2.05 and can confirm that this "helpful feature" can cause the wrong channel to record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)