Wrong Dish Installed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lanarian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 2, 2012
Pocatello Idaho
Anybody know how long the installation warranty period is?
I was installed about 3 weeks ago (2/21) and just figured out that I've got the wrong Dish (Slimline 3 instead of Slimline 5)
I was looking into a guide problem on my HR34 (posted that one in Technical forum) and realized that I wasnt getting all the channels on my package (Premier).
A little research showed that the reason was because I wasn't getting the 110 and 119 satellite feeds.. Hold down the info button, check system info and sure enough, Slimline 3.
Am I still in the time period where they'll replace it with a slimline 5?
Thanks!

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
Lanarian said:
Anybody know how long the installation warranty period is?
I was installed about 3 weeks ago (2/21) and just figured out that I've got the wrong Dish (Slimline 3 instead of Slimline 5)
I was looking into a guide problem on my HR34 (posted that one in Technical forum) and realized that I wasnt getting all the channels on my package (Premier).
A little research showed that the reason was because I wasn't getting the 110 and 119 satellite feeds.. Hold down the info button, check system info and sure enough, Slimline 3.
Am I still in the time period where they'll replace it with a slimline 5?
Thanks!

If you're not getting programmed you pay for then there is no grace period, they messed up. Call, they'll check to be sure of your issue and send somebody out however, if you was suppose to be getting that then your account would hbe been flagged with a 5 not a 3. This would have made it impossible to activate the receivers without picking up the 110 and 119 so they'll make sure your programming package is correct before they send anybody out

OSD771

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2012
Pokey
The warranty on installs is 3 months, but I'd your right about it being the wrong dish they will come out and do it for free no matter what.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Lanarian, which channels aren't you getting?

Lanarian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 2, 2012
Pocatello Idaho
Channels I know for sure.. Jewish Life, a few of the music channels (Irish, Italian Bistro).. (I get the channels I watch. I got the missing info from Fiancee).
It was the Jewish Life channel that clued me in. Once I found out it comes off the 119 Sat. I did a quick Sys Info and realized I had the SlimLine 3 Dish, which only pulls from 99, 101, and 103.
I had posted an issue I THOUGHT I had regarding the Guide.. Set to channels I get, it showed a bunch of greyed out channels, so I thought it was stuck on Show All Channels...
Now I know whats really happening.
Called and am scheduled for a Dish Upgrade come Monday (No Charge)

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Pretty much nobody with an SL3 is getting all of the channels listed in their package. This includes the new Entertainment Pack.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Call up Directv and explain that you are not seeing Hope Channel and you need the 5 LNB. They should not charge you for that changeover (posts in the past confirm that)

edit: looks like you already did ;)

Last edited:

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Better yet, tell DIRECTV what channels you are truly missing so that they may get a better idea of what needs to be in the SL3's view.

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Seriously?
Seriously.

How else are they going to find out given all of the equipment that isn't connected to the mother ship?

It beats the daylights out of dissing the channel (the typical response of the DIRECTV apologist) or dissing DIRECTV because they're shorting you (they are, after all).

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Seriously.

How else are they going to find out given all of the equipment that isn't connected to the mother ship?

It beats the daylights out of dissing the channel (the typical response of the DIRECTV apologist) or dissing DIRECTV because they're shorting you (they are, after all).

Your response, like many of yours, makes no sense.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
and Directv makes note of different equipment so they are covering their backside

The following channels require a special dish or equipment: MHz, GEM NET, Hope Channel, JLTV, Once, HITN, V-Me, Enlace, Golden Eagle Broadcasting, and Free Speech TV. Please call 1-800-531-5000 for more information.

since Hope and JLTV are PI channels they have to put something on the 119 sat to meet the 4% requirement...so they have 5 channels on there
3 spanish and those 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts