Wrong local channels - how to reload guide ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

websatsoft

Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
I moved from Boston to NY last month, but one of my three receivers is 'stuck' on the Boston area local channels (Sony SAT-B65). The other two are fine.

Anyway to force a reload of the guide on the receiver (or whatever else is needed to solve this) ?

Thanks

I had not bothered with the zip code in memory thinking it was just used to get the sat coordinates.
Anyway, I did put the zip in 4 hours ago following your comment - but no change so far.
Thanks

I'd be tempted to leave the one set for Boston. Give you an extra set of locals :D
My guess is that the reciever in question was unplugged or not receiving a signal at the time that Directv sent out the hit to change the locals. If you do want the NY locals on that receiver quickly, just give them a call and they'll sent a rehit. Otherwise, it'll probably get the hit the nest time the cyclic hit is sent for that reciever.

Zip Code.

In fact, put in a totally different, but legit zip code. Let the system download that.

Then go back in and put your zip code in.

Do this...

Call DTV Tier 1 support (800-695-9251) and tell them to 'Disconnect and Reconnect' the access card for that receiver.

Then you should have your CORRECT locals.

~

Status
Please reply by conversation.