Wrong Lyrics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Have you ever been stuck with someone singing and they have the words all wrong?

Here is one that I get stuck on "One smell of loco lee dust rising up through the air'.

Please name more:)

The Marine Corps Hymn...

I can't stand when people sing the line, "We will fight our country's battles in the air, on land, and sea." There is no "will" in the entire verse - it's "We fight our country's battles..." Also, it's not called the Marine's Hymn...it's proper title is The Marine Corps Hymn.

A more recent example was listening to Susan Boyle botch the words to I Dreamed a Dream.

A good buddy of mine was convinced that the Who song was titled "Imminent Strut", so much so that he lost his $100 bet to me. (Never paid it tho'...) It's "Eminence Front", as in "put on"...!

(Thank G at least that I never had to listen to him sing it...!)

Ever hear that song with the line "there's a bathroom on the right"?

"Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. The actual line is "there's a bad moon on the rise", but a buddy mine swore he had the line right.

Kiss This Guy dot Com is a great resource for this kind of stuff.

For those that don't get it... Jimmy Hendrix's Purple Haze has a lyric that some hear as "Excuse me while I kiss this guy". That should be "Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

See ya
Tony

Tymes, Miss Grace. Many people thought they were singing satin and the human race or satin perfume and disgrace. Listen to the song and see if you can get the right lyrics to the song. If you can't click on the spoiler for the answer.
satin perfume and lace
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1lMcPrJysI]YouTube - Tymes - Ms. Grace (Complete Original)[/ame]

Last edited:
Top honors for the most misunderstood lyrics by an artist in a song should go to Bob Dylan or Stevie Nicks......:D

"Sweet Dreams Are Made Of Cheese" - Eurythmics

Stevie Nicks-"Edge of Seventeen".....is "Just like a one winged dove"?

A white winged dove changes the whole song meaning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts