Status
Please reply by conversation.

earlief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
texas
Good morning all.

I recently bought a ns741 in the hopes of getting c/ku from a multiswitch into mutiple receivers including a 4dtv. I have been using a a dual c band ortho, and all the receiver's polarity with that setup was independently chosen. I am getting either h or v channels not both now with this lnbf. If this is not possible with this lnbf, is the only option a bullseye II, I am open to suggestions.

Thank you,

Ken

lol I wish it existed also, but such is life, I was afraid that might be the only solution. I guess its time to crack open the piggy bank, are there any big differences between the chaparral and the adl version ?

Thanks,

Ken

lol I wish it existed also, but such is life, I was afraid that might be the only solution. I guess its time to crack open the piggy bank, are there any big differences between the chaparral and the adl version ?

Thanks,

Ken
Never had an ADL so I can't speak for it, but I don't think it would be a problem. How big is your piggy bank? LOL I've been looking at PLL LNBs.
Let's see.. Two Norsat KU HS1029A LNBs $635ea, two Norsat C 3420 LNBs $344 ea and a BullseyeII @ $300 = $2258 ;) Cheap!!

just a poor working stiff, I have all the items, (Norstat lnbs, modded multiswitches,) except for a bullseye feedhorn, so i will start looking around and hopefully I can find one, a while back the adl was in the range of 200 or so in the short term I will go back to dual Cband Ortho. . Does anyone know of a good source to purchase one ?

I've seen two or three come up for sale on this board. I snapped up a BullseyeII with LNBs for $165. One of the best deals I've found in sat equipment :).
I did a "friend of a friend" type deal and got another Bullseye new for $275, but I've never found them retailed under $300 anywhere yet. Most of the proffesional dishes,TV stations, Cable Co, use dual orthos. The bullseye is very popular around here. I'd be inclined to ask if they had some old stuff they arn't using.

Have you considered putting your C-band ortho back on the bud, and adding a Ku dish with dual-output LNBF?
I'd say a 1.2m dish would outperform your bud.
A 90cm dish is the equal of many.

Also, dual band orthos (in general) don't do as well on C-band as single band orthos.

...also, there was a recent thread around here a few months ago, about some cheap Ku-only orthos & feed horn.
Just bolt on your LNBs, and go crazy! :)

I even proposed modifying some inexpensive SatelliteAV Ku PLL LNBFs into LNBs to mount to an ortho.
Unfortunately, I've been ill and my machinist has been lazy.

Additionally, there are a number of other Ku-only LNBFs with two outputs, any of which would plug right into your multiswitch.

edit: Truckracer, did you mean to say: can't?
Your PM mailbox is full.

Last edited:
So the KU on the small dish has a better signal than the dual KU/C ortho... I have a 1.2m dish it was roof mounted, it was ripped down during a tornado over a year ago. never put it back up, stored all the parts in a shed. I will see about setting that up and what needs to be replaced. I just always thought the bigger the better when it came to sat signals. I appreciate the advice from all.

Ken

So the KU on the small dish has a better signal than the dual KU/C ortho... I have a 1.2m dish it was roof mounted, it was ripped down during a tornado over a year ago. never put it back up, stored all the parts in a shed. I will see about setting that up and what needs to be replaced. I just always thought the bigger the better when it came to sat signals. I appreciate the advice from all.

Ken
Yes, the Bigger is better but using the correct antenna for the specific Band signal C or Ku.. You can read a lot about this in the forum..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)