WSTV problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dennis12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I had my dish installed this week by someone who had only put up FTA dish that didnt move ,so he had a problem trying to program the receiver before he gave up for the weekend. I began playing around with it and figured how to work it even though they dont give you great directions with the manual. I have a sonicview 1000. My problem is WSTV. When i go to127W I get a good signal but when i do all the scans it doesnt pick up that channel. Am i doing something wrong. Also i have noticed that i can not find 127w. After 129 i get no single. So am i picking up 127w and not 129 because he has the limits set. Thanks for any help. Dennis

129 is there...just was watching it

Make sure the transponder is correct. Should be
11964 frequency
H
2920 symbol rate

I had my dish installed this week by someone who had only put up FTA dish that didnt move ,so he had a problem trying to program the receiver before he gave up for the weekend. I began playing around with it and figured how to work it even though they dont give you great directions with the manual. I have a sonicview 1000. My problem is WSTV. When i go to127W I get a good signal but when i do all the scans it doesnt pick up that channel. Am i doing something wrong. Also i have noticed that i can not find 127w. After 129 i get no single. So am i picking up 127w and not 129 because he has the limits set. Thanks for any help. Dennis

White Springs is on 129, not 127. So that's where you problem lies.

In my receiver I have 128.9w instelsat amc and echostar5 at 129. On instel the transponder goes from11952 and when i hit it again it goes to11989. On echostar the transponder starts at 12268 and i canot seem to get a signal for this. So does he have the limits not far enough? Dennis

you have to manually program in White Springs transponder. Use the IA7 one (NOT Echo 5)

enter the info as I posted above and then aim the dish at IA7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)