Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Hey!! My D* is acting crazy. The picture keeps coming in and out in a pink haze...and I can't tell whats going on.. and there's no sound!

Everything looks fine here. Only time I ever had a pink screen on anything was with HD DVD player and HDMI cable : went to Component cable. You using HDMI?

Looks like it was an HDMI issue... I hooked up to component and now it works. I basically tried 2 different HDMI cables and they both had the same problem. Does this mean that I now have a defective H20?

Last edited:
Just switch over to component. It could be the cable, it could be a handshake issue with your TV It could even be just a bit loose. You won't lose much if anything at all for PQ by going component

Stuff like that happens via HDMI. It's not all it's cracked up to be yet. It's more about copy protection than anything else
Sorry but HDMI makes a big difference. Weather it be audio or video. I got a Monster HDMI ($160) and the audio (surround sound) and video both are incredible. Way better than anything else!!!

Also my surround sound receiver decodes Dolby True HD, let me tell you, WOW!!!! I can't even explain how GREAT that sound is, without HDMI I could never hear it!!

Sorry but HDMI makes a big difference. Weather it be audio or video. I got a Monster HDMI ($160) and the audio (surround sound) and video both are incredible. Way better than anything else!!!
$160? What a Monster Rip-Off....Monoprice.com for me...

Just use the search engine, every time HDMI is mentioned there seems to be a great debate. I'm going to try to make this as simple as I can. For the most part most people agree that OTA is the best HD available. Better than from any provider. So, how do we get OTA? I think we all know we get it from coax. Which on the pecking order of cables stands at the bottom. Maybe one day, HDMI may live up to all the hype, but not yet. Maybe HDMI 1.3, or whatever is in the future is beyond that.
BTW I'm talking PQ

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts