[Michigan] WUPM 106.9 Ironwood gets new owner, more power

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
WUPM 106.9 in Ironwood got a new owner recently (well in October)...and I know "radio" will be happy to hear.
The guy who bought it is a local and the morning DJ there. So its still a locally owned station :)
it was owned previously by a company that was made up of 11 local residents

So what did he do as owner? As of few days ago they basically DOUBLED the power. They were 53,000 watts...and now they are a full 100kw :)

WUPM 106.9fm is now broadcasting at 100,000 watts of power, this upgrade virtually doubles our previous power. Ashland, Minouqua/Woodruff, Park Falls/Phillips, Ontonagon, areas and beyond should be noticing improved reception.

With our new tower, using the latest in high gain broadcast antenna technology, and 100,000 watts of power we are now the most powerful FM radio signal in the area.

Forgot to mention they just replaced the tower last November...the old one collapsed on April 1, 2015 as part of a wind storm there

MICHIGAN:
WUPM/106.9 (Ironwood) says high winds toppled its tower late Wednesday or early Thursday. FCC records indicate the 300-foot tower near Bessemer had stood since 1961. WUPM's Adult Top 40 format has been moved to sister station WHRY/1450 (Hurley) and FM translator W225AV/92.9 (Ironwood), displacing the Oldies format normally heard on WHRY. The stations are licensed to Big G Little O Inc., a company owned by 11 local residents. (4/2/2015)

When I lived in Duluth if the weather was right (and if I got on top of the hill...outside of the inter-modulation) I could pick it up in the truck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)