WVXF galaxy 16@ 99 w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oldfoggie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
canada
was getting WVXF (This network) on galaxy 16 @ 99 degrees ok, now getting no video and no audio, quality is at 97%, anyone else having similar problem? just noticed it the last few days

I have been watching the Olympics on it with no trouble except occasional mild pixilating in fast action shots. When things slow down the picture is fine. Haven't figured this one out yet. Signal and quality are great.

I have been watching the Olympics on it with no trouble except occasional mild pixilating in fast action shots. When things slow down the picture is fine. Haven't figured this one out yet. Signal and quality are great.

I think that's just their crappy uplinks, we really can't do much to improve the signal. I recommend you tuning to the NBC Wyoming feed on that same bird, much better quality with the only caveat that the programming is in Central Time

actually Wyoming is Mountain time :)

but the reason they look like crap is because they are cramming 5 SD and one HD channel in a small area

I am using a SonicView 360, I get it, signal is not as strong for me as I get on WVXF and the others, but the picture quality is much better.
Terry

Edited to add: I am using a 7.5' dish
TM

I have done a power scan and WVXF is the only NBC station I can find. (Fortec star dynamic)

you have to do a manual scan to get the Wyoming channel, at least that's what I had to do with my Coolsat 6000 because the blind scan did not show that channel when I first scanned 99 (I have a 10 Footer)

Here's the info I have for that Channel:

99 GALAXY 16
NBC Wyoming 3777H 3255 SR 4130/4131

you have to do a manual scan to get the Wyoming channel, at least that's what I had to do with my Coolsat 6000 because the blind scan did not show that channel when I first scanned 99 (I have a 10 Footer)

Here's the info I have for that Channel:

99 GALAXY 16
NBC Wyoming 3777H 3255 SR 4130/4131

I have all that, plus 94 sig quality and can't get a picture period. 10' SAMI, DSR922, Pansat 2500A

So on your pansat when you check signal strength do both bars move, there should be two bar graphs one above the other, on mine when I had it the top bar would move to show signal strength when I was on a sat, but the bottom one would not move until I had an active transponder.
Just wondering.
Terry

So on your pansat when you check signal strength do both bars move, there should be two bar graphs one above the other, on mine when I had it the top bar would move to show signal strength when I was on a sat, but the bottom one would not move until I had an active transponder.
Just wondering.
Terry

Terry,

When I pressed the Signal Strength button it has 2 meters come up. above the meters it says UNLOCK, then one meter says "Level" and the other "Quality".The one that says Level has 83% and the one says Quality has 0%.

Charlie,

The quality I believe is the one that actually tells when you are on a transponder.
Now this may sound trivial so bare with me, but are you sure you are on the correct polarity?
Is your dish movable? if so you may want to nudge it a little just to make sure, and I would check the connections at the LNB, and any splices you may have, all the way to your box, do you use a DiSecq switch? If you do you may want to try a different port, I had two ports fail on a 4 way, that is a headache cuz a person would never expect that to happen.
I hope this helps
Terry

If you have "LEVEL" that means that your receiver is seeing the LNB. Quality shows your signal strength being received from a transponder. Since the Quality is 0% and it is "UNLOCKED", that would imply that you are not receiving anything. As TMair mentions, you may have the wrong polarity or maybe your dish is not pointed correctly.

The quality I believe is the one that actually tells when you are on a transponder.
Now this may sound trivial so bare with me, but are you sure you are on the correct polarity?
Is your dish movable? if so you may want to nudge it a little just to make sure, and I would check the connections at the LNB, and any splices you may have, all the way to your box, do you use a DiSecq switch? If you do you may want to try a different port, I had two ports fail on a 4 way, that is a headache cuz a person would never expect that to happen.
I hope this helps
Terry[/QUOT

Terry,
I'am on Sat. G4 ch15,16,17 they all have a signal strength of 96. SCN on 16 good picture, Disney ch17 also, channel 16 is Vert pol and 17 is Horz pol. Also on other Sats I'm getting good or low signals but I'm getting a picture, for some reason this sat is giving me trouble. On my DSR922 4Dtv I have great signal strength.

As jduffin said you are seeing the sat, I thought of that after I posted so probably not a line problem, I know on some sats I have to nudge the dish a little one way or the other for the DVB from what I would set it at for a 4Dtv channel, if it where me I would go to the program sats page on the 4D then select your sat even though you already have it in, then I would start moving the dish and watch the signal bars on the Pansat to see if it locks, go one way then the other, just make sure you are on the correct polarity, this is what I do when I have a problem.
Terry

As jduffin said you are seeing the sat, I thought of that after I posted so probably not a line problem, I know on some sats I have to nudge the dish a little one way or the other for the DVB from what I would set it at for a 4Dtv channel, if it where me I would go to the program sats page on the 4D then select your sat even though you already have it in, then I would start moving the dish and watch the signal bars on the Pansat to see if it locks, go one way then the other, just make sure you are on the correct polarity, this is what I do when I have a problem.
Terry

Thanks I'll give that a try!

Status
Please reply by conversation.