WWDC Live blogging

I don't understand why you need to have the new 3GS to get the voice dial feature. It seems to me this is a OS feature not a phone feature. There are lots of voice dialing features out there which work great now for the iPhone.

alright I have to say this now that I have had time to think about this while doing work....Great WWDC in this fact

Macbook pros now cheaper and alot of nice features
Snow leopard, wow 29 bucks
Iphone 3g now 99 dollars
Iphone 3.0 being released really soon

negatives
ATT
and 3gs isnt really that much of a upgrade, and after thinking about it, I am going to sit tight as of right now this is still just a work phone (which could change any day now)

I wonder if the Snow Leopard (10.6) upgrade will allow a full install in the future should one need to do so?

Which is the reason why people jailbreak their phones

This also the reason why APPLE will leave ATT as fast as it can.

ATT has been told that they will no will not be the only carrier in the USA to carrie the IPHONE once the current contract is up.

$70.00 to tether your IPHONE is a joke a big fat joke I hope ATT goes under.

I am looking at getting my first smart phone and am still on the fence between the Fuze and the iPhone. Does jailbreaking the phone open it up to tethering?

This also the reason why APPLE will leave ATT as fast as it can.

ATT has been told that they will no will not be the only carrier in the USA to carrie the IPHONE once the current contract is up.

$70.00 to tether your IPHONE is a joke a big fat joke I hope ATT goes under.

Is it a joke if it is a true unlimited plan and not a 5GB capped plan?

I am looking at getting my first smart phone and am still on the fence between the Fuze and the iPhone. Does jailbreaking the phone open it up to tethering?

As of today there is two jailbroken apps that will allow you to theater your IPHONE. One drawback thou--this can only be done through WIFI or USB not through Bluetooth.

$70 is a f'in joke!! I'll probably jailbreak mine once 3.0 is out. I need it while on vacation over the 4th of July.

If only the iPhone worked on Sprint's network....

As of today there is two jailbroken apps that will allow you to theater your IPHONE. One drawback thou--this can only be done through WIFI or USB not through Bluetooth.
This is why I am confused and still on the fence. I get 5 different answers from 5 different people when it comes to tethering the iPhone. The main thing I want to use my smart phone for is internet and tethering. I would be leaning towards the iPhone, yet for the issues with tethering. With the WM6.1 phones it is as easy as downloading a third party ROM or deleting one string from a registry file.

This is why I am confused and still on the fence. I get 5 different answers from 5 different people. The main thing I want to use my smart phone for is internet and tethering. I would be leaning towards the iPhone, yet for the issues with tethering. With the WM6.1 phones it is as easy as downloading a third party ROM or deleting one string from a registry file.

Why does this confuse you? We both gave you the answer of yes. It does take a third party app once the phone is jailbroken but the app is free.

Why does this confuse you? We both gave you the answer of yes. It does take a third party app once the phone is jailbroken but the app is free.
Again, excuse my ignorance. I have never owned a smart phone, so I know little about them.

With a jailbroken phone, will I be able to tether using 3G? This of course is the only time I will be tethering. Don't need to tether a laptop if I have Wifi access.

Using a third party free application that is only available to jailbroken iPhones, Yes. As for everything on both the iPhone and Win Mobil, who knows when they will ever fix the holes that allow this to happen outside of your normal plan.

This is why I am confused and still on the fence. I get 5 different answers from 5 different people when it comes to tethering the iPhone. The main thing I want to use my smart phone for is internet and tethering. I would be leaning towards the iPhone, yet for the issues with tethering. With the WM6.1 phones it is as easy as downloading a third party ROM or deleting one string from a registry file.

You can tether now. Jailbreak and use a program called PDANet. Plug your phone into your PC and you can use the data from the phone plus charge your phone at the same time. :)

Thank you guys. I just to make sure I can get what I want when I am going to spend between $200 and $400 on a phone, even if I have to go to a third party source to get it (which I will have to do with either one anyway).

I have been thinking of leaving ATT, but I have a hard time leaving my old Pac Bell, $50/month unlimited 2 person plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts