WWE Makes Peacock It's Home

I get Peacock through Xfinity, would this mean that I would get WWE content, including PPV's, "free?"

According to this article from the Verge, if you're already a paid subscriber, you'll get WWE Network as part as Peacock's premium and ad-free tiers. I believe it would work out the same if you get Peacock through Xfinity, with all WWE content being available.

But you won't get PPVs free. They are, of course, Pay For View...
But you did get the PPVs with wwe.com(WWE Network), i.e. Wrestlemania. If I understood the article, everything on wwe.com is moving to Peacock, & wwe.com(WWE Network) is shutting down. I imagine that means live Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Summerslam, etc. are also being shown on Peacock also.

But you did get the PPVs with wwe.com(WWE Network), i.e. Wrestlemania. If I understood the article, everything on wwe.com is moving to Peacock, & wwe.com(WWE Network) is shutting down. I imagine that means live Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Summerslam, etc. are also being shown on Peacock also.

Talked to a friend who works at the WWE and to his understanding yes the paid Peacock tier will get everything including the events such as WrestleMania.

The WWE network will continue to exist just not in the USA. And the 24/7 live channel they have in Canada and the UK will still exist.

It would not surprise me to see Comcast own the WWE soon.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

According to this article from the Verge, if you're already a paid subscriber, you'll get WWE Network as part as Peacock's premium and ad-free tiers. I believe it would work out the same if you get Peacock through Xfinity, with all WWE content being available.

Yes, the tier you get for free with Xfinity TV or broadband (if you take their free Flex streaming box) is Peacock Premium, which is regularly $5/mo. All the WWE stuff is going into Peacock Premium. If you want to remove the ads from the on-demand content in Peacock Premium, then that's an additional $5/mo.

Reactions: ShawnHill1
It streams through the app but you need to pay extra for it.
I don't know about that, with the WWE app, as long as you were paying $10.00 a month (the subscription price for WWE), you got all the PPVs. It sounds like you still get all the PPVs for the subscription price of Peacock Premium, which is a bigger bargain than the soon to be defunct(in the U.S.) WWE app.

Talked to a friend who works at the WWE and to his understanding yes the paid Peacock tier will get everything including the events such as WrestleMania.

The WWE network will continue to exist just not in the USA. And the 24/7 live channel they have in Canada and the UK will still exist.

It would not surprise me to see Comcast own the WWE soon.
I would be shocked. This is a distribution deal, not a production deal. WWE pays for all of the stuff and makes the product, Comcast/Universal/Sara Lee are merely distributing it.

Yes, the tier you get for free with Xfinity TV or broadband (if you take their free Flex streaming box) is Peacock Premium, which is regularly $5/mo. All the WWE stuff is going into Peacock Premium. If you want to remove the ads from the on-demand content in Peacock Premium, then that's an additional $5/mo.
You just need a roku to get the free peacock..xfinity has an app

I would be shocked. This is a distribution deal, not a production deal. WWE pays for all of the stuff and makes the product, Comcast/Universal/Sara Lee are merely distributing it.
Why not..all the premium european soccer is included in premium

You just need a roku to get the free peacock..xfinity has an app

The base tier of Peacock is free for anyone. If you want the Premium tier, which has a lot more content, you either have to pay $5/mo OR get it for free if you meet one of the following requirements:

• you have Comcast cable TV
  • you have Comcast internet *and* you take their free Flex streaming box (which is just a Comcast X1 box customized for streaming rather than traditional cable TV)
  • you have Cox internet *and* their Essential or higher-level cable TV package

The base tier of Peacock is free for anyone. If you want the Premium tier, which has a lot more content, you either have to pay $5/mo OR get it for free if you meet one of the following requirements:

• you have Comcast cable TV
  • you have Comcast internet *and* you take their free Flex streaming box (which is just a Comcast X1 box customized for streaming rather than traditional cable TV)
  • you have Cox internet *and* their Essential or higher-level cable TV package
I am a comcast sub... i had to make a peacock account via my comcast login..i get the 4.99 version free on my roku...

I am a comcast sub... i had to make a peacock account via my comcast login..i get the 4.99 version free on my roku...

OK, what service(s) do you have with Comcast? If you look at their stated policy, you don't get Peacock Premium for free with just standalone broadband service unless you also take their free Flex streaming box. This was exactly what happened with my parents. They have standalone Comcast broadband and I tried repeatedly to activate the free Premium tier for them but could not. Then I requested the free Flex box for them and as soon as that order was processed in their system (before the Flex box even shipped out), I was able to activate the free Premium tier.

Reactions: dennispap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)