WWE Makes Peacock It's Home

"The “WWE Network” branding will remain present on Peacock. WWE Network will be available on both Peacock’s premium ($4.99 per month) and ad-free ($9.99) plans, so current subscribers of the wrestling service, which costs $9.99 monthly, will actually be saving money if they opt for the $4.99 option."

My take is that Peacock is betting that all of the current subscribers will stay(why wouldn't they, they can pay the same price and get all of the non WWE stuff as well) and also hoping way more wrestling fans (new subscribers) will now pay the $4.99 premium plan to get WWE and peacock programming.

Yeah, all true. I notice that WWE's subscriber count was creeping down last year. (Were they not doing live matches due to COVID? I have no idea as I don't care about wrestling at all.) They had 2.1 million subs at the end of Q1, down to 1.69 m for Q2, down to 1.55 m for Q3.

Yeah, all true. I notice that WWE's subscriber count was creeping down last year. (Were they not doing live matches due to COVID? I have no idea as I don't care about wrestling at all.) They had 2.1 million subs at the end of Q1, down to 1.69 m for Q2, down to 1.55 m for Q3.
They are still doing live matches, just no LIVE audience. Wrestlemania was weird without a live audience last year. Now they wrestle in an arena in Orlando, with video monitors in the seats with fans faces who signed in to be seen on the monitors. Very strange indeed. Not surprising leadership & subscriptions would go down, it's just not the same without a live audience.

They are still doing live matches, just no LIVE audience. Wrestlemania was weird without a live audience last year. Now they wrestle in an arena in Orlando, with video monitors in the seats with fans faces who signed in to be seen on the monitors. Very strange indeed. Not surprising leadership & subscriptions would go down, it's just not the same without a live audience.
It's funny to watch because the monitors don't coincide with what's going on in the ring. Delayed timing I guess.

Sports can work without an audience but wrestling requires a crowd. Wrestlemania was like sex with the clothes on.

Well today is the day of the big move. And to me its disapointing.

Get this... there is no more Live linear WWE Network channel on the WWE Network on Peacock!

Instead there is a WWE channel which is an on demand channel, when you click on it the show thats on starts over from the beginning each time.

In this move I didn't see anything that they were going to drop the live stream. It appears now the only time you can watch live is when there are live events on such as Pay per views, 205 Live, and the Bump.

This is a major step backwards.

Step backwards? Yesterday there was no access to WWE programming on Peacock. Today there is.

My gripe is I guess the older content is not up yet and won’t be up for a few months like Raw and Nitro, during quarantine/working from home I have been watching episodes, I am a few months into 1998

I do remember though the network will be up for a little longer, I will have to get a few episodes before it’s pulled down

Last edited:
If all the content is available on demand, what is a live channel needed for except when there is an actual live event?
I would keep it on as background noise and they would often have fun and interesting things between shows, which I forgot all about which I liked seeing again.

The Live WWE Network Network channel is still running in Canada, the UK and other places which is the same as what we had here in the USA. Not sure why they can't show that feed. After all the WWE Network feels weird without the real WWE Network on it. Now its just a WWE iPod.

Reactions: Zookster
I would keep it on as background noise and they would often have fun and interesting things between shows, which I forgot all about which I liked seeing again.

The Live WWE Network Network channel is still running in Canada, the UK and other places which is the same as what we had here in the USA. Not sure why they can't show that feed. After all the WWE Network feels weird without the real WWE Network on it. Now its just a WWE iPod.
going crazy brock lesnar GIF by WWE
Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

I get Peacock through Xfinity, would this mean that I would get WWE content, including PPV's, "free?"

I get Peacock through Xfinity, would this mean that I would get WWE content, including PPV's, "free?"
Yeah you continue to get it for free as long as you have Xfinity.

So now they have a discount code for WWE fans. You have until April 9th. to use it. It's PeacockMania. I bought one more month on WWE net to see what happens.

The code is for $2.50/mo for 4 months.

Reactions: IcEWoLF
But you won't get PPVs free. They are, of course, Pay For View...
It has not worked that way for some time------at least not at WWE. A subscription to the network entitled you to all PPVs during that term.

Well today is the day of the big move. And to me its disapointing.

Get this... there is no more Live linear WWE Network channel on the WWE Network on Peacock!

Instead there is a WWE channel which is an on demand channel, when you click on it the show thats on starts over from the beginning each time.

In this move I didn't see anything that they were going to drop the live stream. It appears now the only time you can watch live is when there are live events on such as Pay per views, 205 Live, and the Bump.

This is a major step backwards.
they still working stuff , they said everything will be on Peacock by August , and hopefully the Live Iinear Channel will working by tomorrow night , i know for last few days it's been starts over from the beginning each time.

Yeah you can watch the exact same PPV’s on Dish, Directv and cable and pay $49 for the one show or just subscribe to Peacock for $4.95 and see the same show.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yeah you can watch the exact same PPV’s on Dish, Directv and cable and pay $49 for the one show or just subscribe to Peacock for $4.95 and see the same show.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
And the funny thing is WWE still has several thousands of people who pay the $49 for PPVs each month. I guess as PT Barnum said there's a sucker born every minute!

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)